The Fury Of Dorne

[Dorne - Water Gardens]

Ellaria coiled her first in rage, a bracelet with a viper's mouth coiling around her hand.

She glowered from the balcony as she watched Trystane Martell escorting Myrcella through the Water Gardens. Trystane looked up and noticed her.

"We do not hurt little girls in Dorne," she muttered to herself, remembering her lover's words.

As easy as it would be to sink into grief and want vengeance, Ellaria knew there had to be another way.

Dorne had lost so much due to the Lannisters (and Baratheons). There had to be a way to avoid a full-on war, but still receive justice for their fallen and harmed, and make sure they understood what true loss felt like.

Ellaria walked towards Doran's place on the balcony but was blocked by Areo Hotah.

"The prince does not wish to be disturbed." He told her.

"Remove myself from my path, or I'll take that long axe and shove it-"

"Captain. Let her pass."

Areo reluctantly stepped to the side. Ellaria approached Prince Doran who was staring at the Water Gardens from his wheelchair.

"Your brother was almost murdered, and you sit here at the Water Gardens, staring at the sky and doing nothing."

"Oberyn was injured during a trial by combat. By law, that is not murder, or attempted murder."

"Your brother-"

"You don't have to remind me. He was my brother long before he was anything to you."

"What will you do about his ailment?"

"I will pray for him."

"You would have me go to war?" Of course she didn't mean it. War meant the possibility of losing even more people she cared about.

"You would have me go to war?" Doran returned.

"The whole country would have you go to war."

"Then we are lucky the whole country does not decide."

"The Sand Snakes are with me. They have the love of their people. They will avenge your father while you sit here in your chair doing nothing."

Doran said nothing.

"Oberyn is still unconscious. And this Lannister girl skips about the Water Gardens eating our food, breathing our air. How many of your brothers and sisters do they have to harm? Cersei deserves to know what it feels like to care about someone so much and come close to losing them."

"I love my brother. And you have made him very happy. For that you will alwys have a place in my heart. But we do not mutilate little girls for vengeance. Not here. Not while I rule."

"And how long will that be?" She asked. "You know, you're lucky you're brother has frequently reminded me that we do hurt little girls in Dorne. That it would make us no better than them." Nothing left to say, she walked away.

Areo went back to guarding the door and Doran shook his head.

Ellaria made her way back to her chambers where she found her eldest daughters as well as Arianne Martell, the heir to Dorne, and Doran's only daughter.

"What is this?"

"We heard you seek vengeance for our father's near demise," Obara, the eldest of the Sand Snakes, said.

"What if we had another option?" Tyenne asked.

"Like what?"

"According to Dornish law, the eldest child, regardless of gender, inherits their family's titles. Princess Aelinor is the eldest, and apparently only trueborn child, of Robert Baratheon. We could have her crowned Queen of the Seven Kingdoms." Arianne stated.