Imp In The Capital

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Cersei's Chambers]

Cersei sat in her chambers, enjoying a glass of wine as her Hand, Qyburn, informed of happenings in the city.

"Your brother will arrive soon. We've been told he's travelled long and hard to reach here in a timely manner."

"My brother who killed my eldest son and father."

"Yes," Qyburn concurred.

"What else?"

"There have been questions on the suddenness of you allowing more and more civilians into and near the Red Keep."

"It is simple. If there are innocents between me and the so-called Dragon Queen, she will not risk attacking King's Landing. Among her false titles is the 'Breaker of Chains'. She has gained a reputation for freeing slaves and will not act against that title or risk being seen as the second coming of her father."

"You mean to target her selflessness?"

"Precisely." Cersei concurred. "I have little left to lose. My only source of happiness, my children, are gone. Both of my sons are dead. My daughters stuck in foreign lands. No, the people have enjoyed watching my decline from power. It is time they suffer as I have."

"Your Grace, if this is the way you wish to proceed, you risk being seen as a Mad Queen. The people yearn for peace the kingdoms have not seen in some timr."

A knock sounded on the door.

"Come in."

A messenger entered, bowing. "Your Grace, Lord Hand. Your brother's ship approaches."

"Very well." She stood. "Shall we greet my brother?"

Qyburn bowed, nodding his head, and following her as she exited her chambers.

[Blackwater Bay]

Cersei stood, surrounded by Jaime, Qyburn, The Mountain and her Queensguard.

The last time she stood here, it was to greet an ally, before that, it was to receive her daughter. Now, it was to greet the man who murdered her eldest son and father.

They watched as a small ship grew closer to the shore.

Once it docked, Tyrion was one of the first to disembark.

He walked up to Cersei. "Sister."

"Brother," she replied through gritted teeth.

[Throne Room]

The throne room was lined with many lords and ladies, eager to catch a glimpse of the murderous imp, who had betrayed his family and now served the woman who meant to invade them.

"You stand in the presence of Queen Cersei Lannister, First Of Her Name, Queen Of The Andals, Ruler Of The Seven Kingdoms-" Qyburn began.

"Yes, yes. I am familiar with the titles," Tyrion interrupted, causing gasps from those in attendance.

He was at the mercy of his sister who believed she killed his son and knew he killed their father. Yet, he showed no fear.

"Why are you here?" Cersei asked, getting straight to the point.

"I am here to broker peace."

"Peace? With the daughter of the Mad King? The false Queen who has landed in our country with an army of foreign invaders."

"Queen Daenerys is a Targaryen. Her family ruled for centuries before King Robert."

"And how many suffered under their rule?"