Heir Arrested

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Courtyard]

Upon hearing word of his sister's imprisonment, Loras had upped his efforts to resolve the crush the rebel pirates. In the process, he had sustained a serious wound to his torso.

But, with the rebellion crushed, at least for now, Loras rushed back to King's Landing. To his sister.

Upon his arrival in the courtyard, a number of Faith's Militant, all armed, walked down a stairwell.

The militants, including Lancel, approach the soldiers.

Loras, having carefully dismounted his horse, removed his helmet. He handed his sword to another man, who handed Loras a drink for the pain. It was then he suddenly became aware of the presence of the militants.

"Seize him." One of them ordered.

The militants grabbed Loras.

"Get your hands off of me."

"Ser Loras of House Tyrell, you have broken the laws of Gods and men." Lancel announced.

"Who do you think you are?"

"Justice."

Loras grunted and struggled, but quickly relented due the pain from his wound.

Inside the Keep, Aelinor walked down a hallway. She pushed a set of doors open, entering her brother's chambers, and angrily placed her hands on a table. Tommen, who was eating, looked up at her, surprised.

"Why is my husband in a cell?"

"I-I don't know. I-I didn't order it."

"We both know who did. In a cell and she still manages to have my husband arrested upon his return. Perhaps Margaery was right. You should have sent her back to Casterly Rock."

Tommen stood up. "Are you saying our mother is behind this?"

"She's already had your wife arrested on charges of adultery and now my husband, your wife's brother. It's salt in the open wound. She can't stand that you're not hers to control anymore."

"Aren't you and mother getting along?"

Aelinor scoffed. "Brother, you are far too naive. Mother may love us, but she has been preoccupied with attacking anyone she deems a threat to us. Not to mention getting Myrcella home." Tears began falling down her cheeks. "I don't have the energy to deal with this. I'm a mother. I don't have time to be worried about my husband's fate. Not when Aegar is depending on me. Then, with this High Sparrow... it's just too much."

Tommen grabbed his sister's hand. "I'm sorry Aelinor. I had absolutely no idea she had planned this."

Aelinor squeezed his hand in return. "I know you didn't. I just wish we could go back to a simpler time. I wouldn't wish Aegar away for anything; he is the love of my life. But everything else was so much simpler."

"I miss it too. But, on the bright side, Cella should be arriving soon."

"Yes, I suppose that is true. I've missed her."

"Me as well." He looked up at his eldest sister. " really am... sorry."

"I know." She kissed his forehead and exited his chambers.

[Red Keep - Cersei's Chambers]

Tommen walked into his mother's chambers, where she would remain, closely watched, until her trial. Cersei was staring out of a window and drinking wine.

"Why was Ser Loras immediately arrested upon his return?"

Cersei turned around. "Did I arrest him?"

"Well, no... But you armed the Faith Militant. You gave the High Sparrow an army."