Treating With Renly

[Stormlands - Renly's Camp, Tournament]

After a long journey, Catelyn had finally reach Renly's camp in the Stormlands. With her was Ser Colen of Greenpools.

An exhibition fight between two armored knights was taking place as "King" Renly Baratheon and "Queen" Margaery Tyrell watched. 

Lady Catelyn and Ser Colen entered and watched from among the crowd, as Ser Loras Tyrell, one of the battling knights, landed a solid blow.

Margaery stood, clapping for her brother. "Loras! Highgarden!"

"Get him!" Another man from the crowd shouted.

The other fighter lifted Loras and took him to the ground, before lifting his visor and drawing a dagger to his face. Margaery gasped nervously.

"Oh!" The crowd collectively jeered.

"Yield! I yield." With no other choice, Loras yielded.

Margaery sat, disappointed, and the spectators grew quiet.

Renly clapped. "Well fought. Approach."

The second knight approached first and knelt while Loras looked on.

"Rise. Remove your helm."

The knight removed their helm to reveal their identity and to the surprise of everyone in attendance, this knight wasn't a man, but a woman.

The crowd gasped. Even Catelyn looked mildly stunned at the turn of events, while Loras appeared angry and humiliated.

"You are all your father promised and more, my lady. I've seen Ser Loras bested once or twice, but nevr quite in that fashion."

"Now, now, my love. My brother fought valiantly for you."

"That he did, my queen. But there can only be one champion. Brienne of Tarth, you may ask anything of me you desire. If it is within my power, it is yours."

Brienne knelt. "Your Grace, I ask the honor of a place in your Kingsguard."

"What?" Loras whispered to himself as the crowd released another collective gasp.

"I will be one of your seven, pledge my life to yours, and keep you safe from all harm."

Loras stared at Renly as he appeared to consider it.

"Done. Rise, Brienne of the Kingsguard."

The crowd applauded. Renly gave Brienne a small wink while Loras continued to stare at RENLY, clearly irritated. Brienne stands as Ser Colen makes his way across the sand towards where Renly was seated. Catelyn followed.

"Your Grace, I have the honor to bring you Lady Catelyn Stark, sent as an envoy by her son Robb, Lord of Winterfell." Colen announced.

"Lord of Winterfell and King in the North." Catelyn corrected.

"Lady Catelyn. I'm pleased to see you. May I present my wife, Margaery of House Tyrell?"

"You are very welcome here, Lady Stark. I'm so sorry for your loss." Margaery offered her condolences. Though to Catelyn, they seemed a bit false.

"You are most kind."

"My Lady, I swear to you, I will see to it that the Lannisters pay for your husband's murder. When I take King's Landing, I will bring you Joffrey's head." Renly told her, causing the crowd to roar, Loras looking around, ill at ease.

Catelyn closed her eyes as she took a breath before continuing. "It will be enough to know that justice was done, my lord."

"Your Grace. And you should kneel when you approach the King." Brienne, the newest member of the Kingsguard, said.