Letters From The Capital & Ignored Advice

[Dragonstone - Daemon and Aelinor's Chambers]

Aelinor had been relaxing in her room when a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in."

One of the castle workers entered and handed her a sealed scroll.

She unfurled the scroll, perusing its contents.

[Chamber Of The Painted Table]

Daenerys, Daemon, Aelinor, Yara Greyjoy, Theon, whom had recently reunited with his sister, Ellaria Sand, Olenna Tyrell, Varys, Grey Worm, Missandei, and Tyrion Lannister were standing around a carved table of Westeros having a discussion.

Aelinor entered, holding up the scroll. "A raven from King's Landing. From your friend, the Orchid Mantis. Apparently my mother has been attempting to rally all the Lords she can muster and convince them you're a foreign invader who is as mad as her father. And, she is trying to paint Daemon as another Rhaegar, claiming I have been stolen." She turned to Yara. "Your uncle has already met with her, seeking a marriage alliance."

"We don't have time for this," Yara told Daenerys. "If you want the Iron Throne, take it. We have an army, a fleet, and five dragons. We should hit King's Landing now. Hard. With everything we have. The city will fall within a day."

"If we turn the dragons loose, tens of thousands will die in the firestorms."

Aelinor sighed. "Unfortunately, that is the purpose of war, Uncle. To fill graveyards. But, I agree."

Yara scoffed. "Of course you do. Your mother blew up your son's family and you still defend her." She turned to Tyrion. "It's called war. You don't have the stomach for it, scurry back into hiding."

"I know how your people wage war. Murdering, raping, thieving."

"It was our way of lige."

"My greatest regret is that Oberyn risked his life fighting for you." Ellaria inserted. She had been sent in his place as an envoy, so he could train and try to become the fierce warrior he had been. She had also brought Tyene with her.

"That's enough. Tyrion is the Hand of the Queen. You will treat him with respect." Daenerys paused for a moment. " I am not here to be queen of the ashes."

Olenna addressed Daenerys from across the table. "That's very nice to hear. Of course, I can't remember a queen who was better loved than my granddaughter. The common people loved her, the nobles loved her. And what is left of her now? Ashes." Aelinor looked down at her words. "Commoners, nobles, they're all just children really. They won't obey you unless they fear you."

"I'm grateful to you, Lady Olenna, for your council. I'm grateful to all of you. But you have chosen to follow me. I will not attack King's Landing. We will not attack King's Landing."

"Then how do you mean to take the Iron Throne? By asking nicely?"

"We will lay siege to the capital surrounding the city on all sides, as my ancestor Rhaenyra Targaryen did with the help of the Velaryon fleet. Cersei will have the Iron Throne but no food for her army or the people."

"But, we won't use Dothraki and Unsullied." Tyrion said and began walking around the carved table of Westeros. "Cersei will try to rally the lords of Westeros by appealing to their loyalty, their love for their country. If we besiege the city with foreigners, we prove her point. Our army should be Westerosi."

"And I suppose we're providing the Westerosi?" Ellaria asked.

"You are." Tyrion reached down and picked up a figurine that resembled a Kraken in a longship. "Lady Greyjoy will escort you home to Sunspear and her Iron Fleet will ferry the Dornish army back up to King's Landing, with the Prince's consent, of course." He walked to the south of the map and picked up a figurine that resembled a sun. He placed both figurines at King's Landing. "The Dornish will lay siege to the capital alongside the Tyrell army. Two great kingdoms united against Cersei."

"You do not wish to do that," Aelinor spoke up.

"Why not, niece?"

"I have seen what happens if you decide to do that."