Dilly Dilly

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Aelinor's Chambers]

Loras would remain in his cell until his trial, like his sister.

Following her husband's imprisonment, her stress levels were off the charts. Something she tried to hide from Aegar. But, it didn't seem to be working.

Today, she couldn't seem to get him to stop crying.

"I don't know what to do." She told Dyanna, tears rushing down her face. "I can't get him to stop!"

"Shh, it's okay. He's probably reacting to your stress. Just take a deep breath." She demonstrated, Aelinor following suit.

They did this a few times. Aelinor could feel her heartbeat regaining control, but Aegar was still crying.

"Maybe try singing to him?"

"Do you want mommy to sing you a lullaby?" She asked as she kept rocking him, his face turning red from his incessant crying. "Okay, okay."

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly,
Lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
You shall be queen.

Who told you so, dilly, dilly,
who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly,
That told me so.

Call up your men, dilly, dilly,
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
Some to the fork,

Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
Some to cut corn,
While you and I, dilly, dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.

Lavender's green, dilly, dilly,
Lavender's blue,
If you love me, dilly, dilly,
I will love you

Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly,
And the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly,
Out of harm's way

I love to dance, dilly, dilly,
I love to sing
When I am queen, dilly, dilly,
You'll be my king.

Who told me so, dilly, dilly,
Who told me so?
I told myself, dilly, dilly,
I told me so

When she had finished, he had fallen asleep.

"I almost forgot how beautiful your singing voice is," said a voice from the door.

Her eyes widened when she turned around.

"Willem?" She whisper shouted.

Trying not to move too much, she made her way towards him.

"I'm so happy you're back."

"As am I." He peeked down at Aegar. "He's gotten big. I feel like I missed so much."

She let him in, closing the door behind him.

"He has, and you did. Religious fanatics have flocked to the Capital, my mother has rearmed the Faith Militant, led by the High Sparrow, Margaery was arrested for adultery, then my mother was arrested and finally confessed and did her walk of atonement. She is now back in the Keep. But, now Loras has been arrested and imprisoned alongside his sister, pending a trial."

"Wow," was all he said. Who could blame him? It was a lot to take in.

"Exactly. Now I can't help but feel I'm next. They haven't gone after Tommen, despite the rumours, which, considering Myrcella's return, is a good thing. But, they can hardly go after a child or children who didn't ask to be born into the set of circumstances they were."

"And you?"

"They believe they have enough evidence to bring formal charges on the Tyrells. With me being Loras' wife, and having a child, there is bound to speculation into the validity of Aegar's parentage if they can prove Loras prefers the company of men."

"And if they do, you will be put on trial for adultery."

"Exactly. Which is why Dyanna and I have been trying something."

"What?"

She picked a piece of parchment, scribbling something down.

Dyanna is keeping an ear out for word on my possible imprisonment. If anything, we have arranged a route for her to escape with Aegar and take him to Driftmark with Eleanor and Jacearys. That way he cannot be harmed or used against me. We have been practicing, so if that day comes, we will be ready.

"Of course, I understand," he said.

Aelinor tore the piece of parchment in half, before throwing it in her fireplace.

"Myrcella is on her way back from Dorne. She is bringing along her betrothed."

"That must be exciting."

"One second." She slowly walked over to Aegar's crib and placed him inside, gently rocking it, to soothe him. She quickly rejoined them. "It is. I've missed her, but from what I hear, she enjoys Dorne. No doubt being brought back here because of our mother will be upsetting for her."

"Understandably so."

"Yes. But, perhaps, this will be a welcome relief. Being able to spend some time with my sister. She will meet her nephew as well."

"Yes, I'm sure she's looking forward to it."

"As am I.

And she was. Myrcella's return was a welcome distraction, that would hopefully put her at ease, and allow her to care for her son, without the crippling paranoia of being thrown into a cell like her mother, good-sister and husband.

Make no mistake, she would not let her guard down, but she would also not let it detract from the joy of seeing her sister again.

"Do you need an extra hand?" Willem asked.

Aelinor looked over at Dyanna before nodding. "I think that would be helpful. Right, Dyanna?"

"Yes, Prin-Aelinor."

"Good. So we are in agreement?"

"What about you?" Willem inquired. "Will you not try as well?"

"I fear there would not be enough time for both of us. But, as a mother, I must ensure the safety of my children above all else."

"Children?" Dyanna asked. "Is there something you're trying to tell us."

"I haven't confirmed it, but I'm experiencing some of the same symptoms as I did when I found out I was pregnant with Aegar."

"Do you know roughly how far along you are?"

"I don't, but I did notice a slight roundness to my belly."

"That is normal, I believe, after the first pregnancy. For the stomach to grow faster." Dyanna told her.

"Or she's having twins," Willem quipped.

"Don't even bring that up right now," Aelinor told him. "My mother is a twin so there is a chance."

"Are you sure you don't want to reconsider that part of the plan?"

"I can't. Besides, if these men are as godly as they present themselves to be, they would not starve a woman who is with child."

"Are you willing to take that chance?"

"Do I really have any other choice? What if I try for both of us and fail? Who will protect him from them? Both of his parents will be rotting in cells." She sighed. "Please, I know I've asked a lot of you, of both of you, but this is something I need to do. So, please, let me do it."

Willem and Dyanna shared a look before turning back to her, nodding.

"Thank you."