Blackwater Aftermath & New Alliances

[King's Landing - Red Keep]

Lord Tyrion Lannister awoke to echos of the sounds of battle. Grand Maestar Pycelle's face came into focus.

Tyrion's head was crudely bandaged, with only one eye revealed and he was noticeably disoriented. "Pod."

Podrick Payne burst into the room.

"Pod! Find Bronn or Varys. Tell them I am here with Maester Pycelle. Tell them I am very much alive."

"Yes, my lord." He exited to find the men.

"Would you like something for the pain?"

"What happened?"

"The murderer and traitor Stannis Baratheon suffered a stunning defeat at the hands of your father."

"Where am I?"

"These are your new chambers. A little cramped, perhaps, but you don't need much room, do you? You are no longer Hand of the King."

Pycelle turned and began to leave when a thought occurred to him. He took out a coin and flicked it to TYRION.

"Oh, For your trouble." He exited.

[Red Keep - Throne Room]

A white horse expelled manure at the doorway leading to the throne room. Lord Tywin Lannister rode the horse in, through the gathered crowd. From his throne, King Joffrey Baratheon addressed the room.

"I, Joffrey of the House Baratheon, first of my name, the rightful King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, do hereby proclaim my grandfather, Tywin Lannister, the savior of the city and the Hand of the King."

Bowing, a page presented a pillow to JOFFREY, who places the Hand's brooch up to TYWIN. TYWIN bows.

"Thank you, Your Grace." He turned his mount and exited.

"Lord Petyr Baelish, step forward."

Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish steps forward and knelt before Joffrey.

"For your good service and ingenuity in uniting the Houses of Lannister and Tyrell, I declare that you shall be granted the castle of Harrenhal with all its attendant lands and incomes to be held by your sons and grandsons from this day until the end of time."

"You honour me beyond words, Your Grace. I shall have to acquire some sons and grandsons."

The crowd laughed.

"Let us hope the curse of Harrenhal continues with you," Aelinor muttered to herself from her place near her mother.

"Ser Loras Tyrell." Ser Loras Tyrell stepped forward from the crowd and knelt. "Your house has come to our aid. The whole realm is in your debt, none more so than I. If your family would ask anything of me, ask it, and it shall be yours."

"Your Grace, my sister Margaery, her husband was taken from us before... She remains innocent. I would ask you to find it in your heart to do us the great honor of joining our houses."

"Is this what you want, Lady Margaery?"

Lady Margaery Tyrell took a few steps forward. "With all my heart, Your Grace. I have come to love you from afar. Tales of your courage and wisdom have never been far from my ears. And those tales have taken root deep inside of me."

Aelinor could not refrain from rolling her eyes. She knew a conniving person when she saw one. The fact that Margaery was married to her uncle after he declared himself King, and was now presenting herself to her brother showed her Margaey wanted one thing; to be Queen.