King Joffrey's Nameday

[King's Landing - Red Keep]

Today was the new King's nameday, and a tournament was being held in his honour.

Aelinor had the unfortunate luck of attending her brother's name day tournament.

While she would much rather be doing anything else, her prescence was not only expected, but ordered.

Though she did try to get out of it.

She currently sat under the large oak tree in the palace gardens, reading a book about the Targaryens.

Lady Eleanor sat with her, neither speaking, simply enjoying each other's presence.

"Aelinor," Eleanor called, attracting the Princess' attention. She gestured for her to look over.

The palace steward stood, awaiting the attention of the Princess. Once he had it, he said, "Princess, I have been asked to inform you of the celebrations in honour of your brother, His Grace, King Joffrey."

"I am well aware of who my brother is and what day it is. I've decided to stay here and read instead." She turned back to her book.

"Your Grace wishes for you to join in the celebrations."

"The King has much to celebrate, I'm sure. He does not need me."

Eleanor, seeing the nervous demeanor of the steward, said, "Perhaps it could be fun."

Aelinor sent her a brief look before asking, "Is it the King's command?"

"Yes, but..."

She shut her book dramatically, tossing it beside her. "Then at once. Surely we cannot keep His Grace waiting."

She stood up, Eleanor following suit as the steward led them to where her brother was celebrating his nameday.

When they arrived, The Hound was dueling with a man neither of them recognized.

"Ah, sister! Glad to see you made it to your King's nameday celebrations."

"But of course. There is absolutely nothing else I'd rather be doing."

He glared before turning back to watch The Hound.

The Hound and the other man grunted as they dueled, men and women looking on from nearby.

Finally, The Hound knocked the other man's shield away, and knocked him off of a wall.

"Well struck..." Joffrey muttered to himself before repating it louder. "Well struck, Dog."

The Hound removed his helmet Joffrey turns to Sansa.

"Did you like that?"

"It was well struck, Your Grace."

"I already said it was well struck."

"Yes, Your Grace."

Two men drag the man away, leaving behind a trail of blood. A boy walked over to clean up the mess.

"Who's next?" Joffrey asked.

"Lothor Brune, freerider in the service of Lord Baelish." The announcer gestured to a man, who then walked over. "Ser Dontos the Red of House Hollard." The announcer gestured in the opposite direction, but no one came forward. "Ser Dontos the Red of House Hollard!"