Last True Knight & Pleas

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Black Cells]

Ned was asleep as he awaited to hear what his fate would be. Though he had a pretty good idea already.

A guard holding a torch walked by and kicked at him. Ned jerked awake, and when he did, the guards walked away. Ned looked around, trying to regain his bearings, and just as he did, he was in total darkness again.

Elsewhere in the Red Keep, Sarina Waters was approaching Sansa's chambers, which was being guarded by a pair of Lannister guards.

"Lady Sansa has been summoned to court. I'm to escort her there." Sarina told them.

"All right." One of them said, opening the door.

Sansa was sitting on her bed looking forlorn. As her door opened, she looked up at Sarina.

"Greetings, Lady Sansa. I've been asked to escort you to court."

As Sarina led Sansa down a hallway of the Red Keep towards the throne room, they engaged in conversation.

"You know, your father came and spoke to me not too long ago. He was so kind - not the kind of man who you'd expect to be a traitor."

Sansa was clearly conflicted. She no longer knew who she could trust to speak to. "I don't really know what happened. But I don't think my father would betray King Robert. They were best friends."

"Maybe it's all some big misunderstanding then."

"Maybe..."

They had arrived at the throne room where Sarina encouraged her to go.

"Good luck."

Sansa smiled at her and proceeded into the court room. A large host of people were present. Joffrey was sitting on the Iron Throne, and with him were Cersei, Aelinor, The Hound, and the members of both the Kingsguard and the Small Council. Janos Slynt was standing in front of the Iron Throne. Grand Maestar Pycelle was reading from a scroll.

It is also the wish of His Grace that his loyal servant Janos Slynt, Commander of the City Watch..."

As Sansa made her way through the crowd, she greeted several people.

"Ser Aron." She greeted Ser Aron Santagar.

"...be at once raised to the rank of Lord...."

"Lord Gyles." Lord Gyles Rosby.

"...and granted the ancient seat of Harrenhal..."

Cersei spotted Sansa as she arrived and smirked. Joffrey, also seeing her arrived, grinned slightly.

"...and that his sons and grandsons shall hold this honor after him, until the end of time."

Janos bowed, several of the other figures in the room muttering as he moved away.

"In the place of the traitor Eddard Stark, it is the wish of his Grace that Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West, be appointed Hand of the King. Lastly, in these times of treason and turmoil, it is the view of the Council that the life and safety of King Joffrey be of paramount importance."

Pycelle rolled up his scroll as he finished reading.

"Ser Barristan Selmy." Cersei called, standing.

Barristan left the row of Kingsguard and stood before the throne. "Your Grace, I am yours to command." He knelt.

"Rise, Ser Barristan."

She was smirking again as Barristan stood.

"You may remove your helm."