Margaery

[Great Sept Of Baelor - Steps]

The day had come for Margaery's atonement.

The High Sparrow was standing on the steps beside Margaery and Septa Unella. They were surrounded by Faith Militant, including Lancel.

The High Sparrow was addressing a large gathering of commoners who stood at the foot of the steps. "Rich or poor, noble or common, if we win, we must atone. Margaery of House Tyrell came to us a sinner. She stood before the gods in the holy sept and lied. She turned a blind eye to her brother's sins. She disgraces her house, the king, and herself."

The crowd murmured and parted as Jaime and Mave, whom had only returned, entered, leading the Tyrell soldiers.

Margaery gasped to herself. On the side, a smaller group of soldiers set down a carriage, and Olenna stepped out.

"Company, halt! Face front! Turn!" The Tyrell Captain ordered.

The soldiers formed up and turned to face the steps.

"Lord Tyrell."

Mace nodded at the High Sparrow.

"Ser Jaime."

"Sorry to interrupt. We're here for Queen Margaery and Ser Loras Tyrell. Give them to us and we'll be on our way." Jaime told him.

"I don't have the authority to give them to you. And you don't have the authority to take them."

The crowd murmured as Jaime ushered his horse forward and rode it up the steps, halting in front of the Faith Militant.

"Lock spears!" The Tyrell Captain bellowed another command.

The soldiers grunted and pointed their spears towards the Faith Militant.

"I speak for King Tommen of House Baratheon, First of His Name." Jaime began.

"The gods don't recognize his authority in this matter." The High Sparrow interjected.

"You already insulted one great house. It won't happen twice. Every last sparrow will die before Margaery walks down that street."

"To die in the service of the gods would please each and every one of us. We yearn for it. But there is no call for it today. There will be no walk of atonement."

The crowd murmured and Olenna motioned to her son with her fan. Mace motioned to one of the high ranking soldiers, who nodded to the Captain.

"Order up!" The Captain shouted.

The soldiers returned to a relaxed position.

"Queen Margaery has already atoned for her sins by bringing another into the true light of the Seven."

The doors to the Great Sept of Baelor opened and Tommen emerged, accompanied by the Kingsguard, causing the crowd to murmur.

Jaime looked back at Olenna, who looked down.

Tommen and the Kingsguard walked down the steps until Tommen stood beside Margaery, grabbing her hand.

"Together we announce a new age of harmony. A holy alliance between the Crown and the Faith." The High Sparrow announced.

The crowd cheered.

"Long live King Tommen and bless you, Queen Margaery!" A woman shouted.

Tommen looked to his uncle who shook his head, before turning to the crowd. "The crown and the faith are the twin pillars upon which the world rests. Together we will restore the Seven Kingdoms to glory."

The crowd cheered.

"What's happening?" Mace asked his mother.

"He's beaten us. That's what's happening."

The High Sparrow smiled at Jaime.

[Red Keep - Throne Room]

The room was lined with soldiers on either side. Tommen was sitting on the throne, his great uncle Kevan stood beside him.

Jaime stands at the foot of the throne and removes his armor, letting it drop to the floor.

"When you attack the Faith, you attack the Crown. Anyone who attacks the Crown is unfit to serve as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard." Tommen announced.

"I've been a member of the Kingsguard since before you were born. You don't have to do this. You don't have to do anything."

He knew these were not Tommen's words. In his desperation to free his wife, he had allowed himself to be manipulated in the worst way possible.

"I have to answer to the gods."

"Not when you're sitting in that chair."

"The Crown's decision on this matter is final."

"Will I be walking naked in the streets? Or will I spend a few montgs in the sept dungeons first to teach me about the gods' mercy?"

Tommen and Kevan looked at each other, before he turned back to his uncle. "You have served your house and your king faithfully for many years. And you will continue to do so. But not in this city."

Jaime knew what this meant. He was being sent away. Likely to Riverrun, where he should already be.

Later, before he was set to leave, he stopped in his sister's chambers.

They were sitting in chairs across the room from each other.

"I'm being sent to deal with the Blackfish. Apparently Walder Frey can't manage it on his own because he's 400 years old. Sent me with an army to the Riverlands and a siege that could last montgs." He stood and began pacing.

"Better you're elsewhere at the head of an army than in the sept dungeons."

"I'm not going to the Riverlands." Jaime poured himself a cup of wine.

"What, then?"

"I'm going to give Bronn the largest bag of gold anyone's ever seen and have him gather the best killers he knows. I'll take them to the sept and I'll remove the High Sparrow's head and every other sparrow head I can find."

"You can't."

"He has our son! He stole our son! He's torn our family apart. How should we treat people who tear us apart?"

"We should treat them without mercy and we will. But if you kill the High Sparrow, you won't leave the sept alive. And without you, this is all for nothing. Stand at the head of our army where you belong, where Father wanted you. Show our men where their loyalties belong. Show them what Lannisters are, what we do to our enemies. And take that stupid little castle back because it's ours and because you can."

"You'll stand trial soon. I need to be here for you."

"It will be a trial by combat. I have the Mountain. They've made us both stronger, all of them." Cersei stood and approached her twin. "They have no idea how strong we are. No idea what we're going to do to them."

The duo embraced and kissed.

"We've alwys been together. We'll alwys be together. We're the only two people in the world." Cersei whispered to him, before they resumed kissing.

If they were going to be separated, they might as well enjoy one last night together.