Trial By Combat

[King's Landing - Hostel, Common Room]

As the sun set over King's Landing, the tension in the hostel was palpable. The Night King's army was marching towards them, and the inhabitants of the city were preparing for the worst. But for Daenerys Targaryen, there was a more pressing matter at hand. She had survived an attempt on her life in Winterfell, and she was determined to find out who was responsible.

She summoned their allies and potential suspects and demanded to know who was responsible.

"I will not rest until I know who tried to kill me is found guilty," she declared, her voice cold and fierce. "And when they are, they will face the full weight of my justice."

As the tension in the hostel reached a boiling point, Daenerys Targaryen sat upon her throne, her eyes fixed intently on the accused man, Wylis. The young soldier, one of Jon Snow's men, stood before her, his eyes downcast and his face pale.

"So, you are accused of attempting to poison me in Winterfell," Daenerys stated, her voice cold and detached. "Why did you do it?"

Wylis swallowed hard, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down in his throat. "I-I didn't do it, my queen," he stammered. "I swear it on my life."

Daenerys leaned forward, her eyes flashing with anger. "You expect me to believe that?" she spat. "You expect me to trust the word of a traitor?"

Wylis flinched at her words, but he held his ground. "I am innocent, my queen," he repeated. "I have no reason to hurt you. I am but a humble soldier, fighting for the living."

Daenerys snorted in disgust. "You call yourself a soldier? A true soldier would not hesitate to defend his queen, even if it meant risking his own life. But you, you are nothing but a cowardly little mouse, trying to kill me in the shadows."

Wylis's face reddened with anger. He knew that he could not defend himself against the queen's wrath. But, he could...

"I demand a trial by combat!"

It was clear the Dragon Queen had made up her mind of his guilt. At least with combat, it was not a guaranteed death sentence.

"Very well," Daenerys said, her voice dripping with malice. "You shall have your trial by combat. And I shall be the judge, jury, and executioner."

The room fell silent as the tension mounted.

Jon Snow, Daenerys' husband and the King in the North, was torn. He knew Wylis to be a loyal and skilled fighter, but he also knew that he could not let Daenerys' suspicions go unchecked.

Jon stepped forward, his hand on the hilt of his sword. "I shall be Wylis's champion, my queen," he said. "I will fight for his life."

Daario Naharis, Daenerys's loyal advisor and former lover, nodded in agreement. "And I shall be your champion, my queen," he said, his voice smooth and deadly. "I will fight for your justice."

The stage was set for a battle of epic proportions, one that would decide the fate of Wylis, and the future of the realm.

Who would emerge victorious? Would Jon Snow be able to defend Wylis' innocence, or would Daenerys' suspicions be proven true?

The air was thick with anticipation, and the fate of the accused man hung precariously in the balance.

[King's Landing - Blackwater Bay]

On the bay of Blackwater, Jon Snow stood facing his former ally, Daario Naharis. The two men had once fought side by side against the army of the dead, but now they stood as opponents in a trial by combat, the fate of one of Jon's men hanging in the balance.