King's Landing Scouting

[Knights of the Vale Encampment - Littlefinger's Tent]

He had just finished reading a letter that his attempt had failed, when the entrance to his tent opened.

A young girl entered, carrying a tray.

He didn't want to risk outing that he knew Arya Stark was alive and in King's Landing, especially if this was a test of his loyalty.

Instead, he watched her reaction to him, and waited to see if she would remove her face.

After about a minute, the girl reached up and in fact removed her face, revealing Arya's.

"Ah, what can I do for you?"

"How about warning me about the giant brute standing outside her chambers."

"Oh, that. That is Ser Robert Strong."

"Don't lie to me. There's only one man that large in Westeros."

"I'm not. The Mountain was killed by Prince Oberyn."

"You expect me to believe that Ser Robert is not Gregor Clegane, but another man of similar stature, who has nevr been mentioned? You can't exactly hide an eight foot tall man."

Shortly after leaving Littlefinger's tent, Arya had disguised herself as a serving girl, which would allow her to move more freely throughout the Keep. Servants were invisible.

She made her way towards Cersei's chambers, but was temporarily stopped in her tracks at the sight of a guard who closely resembled The Mountain, at least in stature.

She wasn't stupid. She knew Cersei would have guards, especially now that she was Queen. But, what she didn't expect was one of them to be a man people believed to be dead.

"I don't expect you to believe anything," he said. "In fact, if you don't expect, you'll nevr be disappointed."

"No, if I nevr expect, I could be killed."

"Yes, that too. Unfortunate your father did not possess that same wisdom."

"Don't talk about my father," she growled.

"Sorry. Sore subject. I didn't peg you as someone who gave up so easily-"

"Did I say anything about giving up?" She asked.

"Well, no. I just thought-"

"That I'm just some little girl in over her head. That's exactly what you think of me, isn't it?"

"Not at all. I only know Lady Sansa would not wish any harm to befall her sister."

"And it won't. Not unless you are the one behind it." She leaned closer. "If you even think of betraying my family, I will kill you, do you understand?"

Littlefinger nodded. "Yes, I understand."

"Good. Because you wouldn't even see it coming. Here, I could be anyone, or no one." She stood straight. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a Queen to deal with."

If she couldn't kill Cersei, she would make her believe she was going insane.

She had not only learned to fight in Braavos. She had also been exposed to numerous poisons, including one that induced hallucinations.

Again, she donned a new face and snuck her way into the Red Keep, making her way to the kitchens.

She was stopped by a guard. "You! Serving girl! The Queen requests wine. Fetch it for her."

This was perfect. She could slip the tonic into Cersei's wine and watch as she slowly lost her mind. It would also make her more vulnerable and easier to kill.