Bastard Of Winterfell

[Dragonstone - Beach]

Waves were crashing against rocks and washing over the beach. Men were pulling Jon Snow's boat onto shore. Jon and Davos, whom had already disembarked, were walking onto the beach towards Tyrion, Missandei and Dothraki guards. Dragonstone could be seen in the distance.

"The bastard of Winterfell." Tyrion greeted.

"The dwarf of Casterly Rock." Jon returned.

Tyrion and Jon both stared at one another for a moment, then breaking into a smile. They stepped forward and shook hands.

"I believe we last saw each other on top of the wall."

"You were pissing off the edge, if I remember right. You picked up some scars along the road."

Tyrion nodded. "It's been a long road. But we're both still here." He turned to address Davos. "I'm Tyrion Lannister."

"Davos Seaworth."

The pair shook hands.

"Ah, the Onion Knight. We fought on opposite sides at the Battle of Blackwater Bay."

"Unluckily for me."

"Missandei is the queen's most trusted advisor." Tyrion informed them.

"Welcome to Dragonstone." Missandei greeted. "Our queen knows this is a long journey. She appreciates the effort you have made on her behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons."

Jon looked at Davos and his men. "Of course."

The Dothraki guard move to take the weapons. Jon untied his sword, handing it over. The Dothraki picked up his boat and began to carry it away.

"Please, this way." Missandei said.

Davos began walking with Missandei and Tyrion, Jon following a few steps behind.

"Where are you from? I can't place the accent." Davos inquired.

"I was born on the Island of Naath."

"Ah. I hear it's beautiful down there. Palm trees and butterflies. I haven't been myself."

Missandei nodded and Davos slowed his pace to talk with Jon.

"This place has changed." He noted, looking up at the castle his friend once dwelled in.

The group are making their way up to Dragonstone along a narrow stone pathway built into the cliffs leading to the castle.

"And Sansa, I hear she's alive and well." Tyrion said.

"She is." Jon confirmed.

"Does she miss me terribly?"

Jon looked at Tyrion but didn't say anything.

"A sham marriage and unconsummated."

"I didn't ask-"

"Well, it was. It wasn't. Anyway, she's much smarter than she lets on."

"She's starting to let on."

"Good. At some point I want to hear how a Knight's Watch recruit became Warden of the North."

"As long as you tell me how a Lannister became Hand to Daenerys Targaryen."

"A long and bloody tale. To be honest, I was drunk for most of it."

"My bannermen think I'm a fool for coming here."

"Of course they do. If I was your hand I would have advised against it. General rule of thumb, Stark men don't fare well when they travel South."

"True. But I'm not a Stark."

Not Ned's son anyway.

A loud roar was heard overhead. Jon and Davos dived to the ground as Drogon flew over them, turning and flying over the castle.

Jon and Davos looked at each other in astonishment. Davos looked back to Missandei who was still standing and smirking.

Tyrion walked over and helped Jon to his feet. "I'd say you get used to them, but you never really do."

Jon looked back to the sky. Three dragons were circling above the castle.

"Come. Their mother is waiting for you."

Jon and Davos exchanged glances, before they continued walking up the path.

On a cliff, Melisandre stood watching the group ascend the steps.

Varys approached from behind, coming to stand next to her. "I wondered why you weren't there to meet our guests. You begged us to summon the Warden of the North. Don't you want to see him again?"

"I've done my part. I've brought ice and fire together."

"Strange. You spoke so highly of Jon Snow but when he arrives you hide on a cliff. I didn't take you for a bashful girl."

"My time whispering in the ears of kings has come to an end."

"Oh, I doubt that. Give us common folk one taste of power we're like the lion who tasted man. Nothing is evr so sweet again."

"Neither of us is common folk anymore. I did not part on good terms with the Warden of the North, or his advisor."

"Why?"

"Because of mistakes I made. Terrible mistakes. I would only be a distraction if I stayed."

"So where will you go?"

"Volantis."

"Good. If you don't mind my saying, I don't think you should return to Westeros. I'm not sure you'd be safe here."

"I will return, dear spider. One last time."

Varys began shaking his head. "My Lady-"

"I have to die in this strange country, just like you." Melisandre turned, walking away, leaving Varys alone on the cliff.