Accused

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Aelinor's Chambers]

Following, her husband's departure, her mother had wasted little time spreading rumours of Margaery engaging in extra-marrital affairs.

Not that her mother had much room to talk, considering her three youngest children were the product of an affair with her twin brother.

Aelinor, as had become customary, spent much of her morning in her chambers, to avoid encountering any unwanted or undesirable palace residents.

Namely the High Sparrow.

Her meals were brought to her room, eliminating the reason to leave her chambers.

Without Jaime or Bronn around, she had no one to spar with.

In the War of the Five Kings, many of those she knew as a child, did not return.

Instead, most faces in the Keep appeared to be new rather than familiar. With the exception of many servants and handmaidens.

In order to keep herself occupied, she practiced her crocheting and was improving rapidly.

She began with a few small projects; stuffed animals, and little shoes for Aegar.

Before moving on to bigger things, such as blankets and clothes.

At present, Aegar was lying on a blanket his mother made for him, playing with some toys.

Aelinor was attempting to finish a tiny sweater.

Suddenly, it occurred to her that no one had been in to see her since she had been brought breakfast.

In itself, that was not suspicious, but the halls were eerily quiet.

Her ears were quite sensitive, yet she hadn't heard any footsteps in some time.

Curious, she placed her project down and made her way to her door.

Only, when she tugged at the doorknob, it wouldn't budge.

"What the hell?"

She tried a few more times to no avail.

"Hello?! Is anybody out there?"

No response.

"You know, I didn't think you'd forget about the secret passage so easily." A voice said behind her.

She whirled around, ready to rush to her son.

Only, when she did, she was met by a surprising sight.

"Daemon?" She whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"I received word about your mother's stupid decision to rearm the Faith Militant. I had to see for myself."

"If anyone catches you, you could be killed."

"I'll take my chances. Besides, I think they're a bit preoccupied right now."

"What do you know that I don't?"

"A lot. But, in regards to this, not much."

"Why did you leave me that night?" She asked, looking up at him. "In the brothel."

"Believe me, I had no intention of leaving you. I want to spend that night with you before I joined my men to prevent the Red Wedding."

"But?"

"When you looked at me, it clicked. I realized who we were and where we were. I didn't want to be the second coming of my brother. The similarities were too startling."