The Great Sept

[King's Landing]

Today was the day of her trial, which was to be held in the Sept.

Cersei was standing on her balcony, looking out across King's Landing at the Great Sept of Baelor.

In their respective chambers, Tommen and Margaery were being dressed by an attendant.

In his prayer room, The High Sparrow dressed himself in a roughspun tunic, sliding his hands through the sleeves one by one.

The attendant placed a large golden necklace around Tommen's neck, before placing his crown atop his head as he stared out the window.

The handmaiden finishes tying Margaery's dress and fixed her hair.

A pair of Faith Militant men open the main door to the Sept, allowing a crowd of nobles to filter inside.

Loras sat in the back of his cell, muttering to himself. Lancel and two other Faith Militant entered, causing Loras to cower. The Faith Militant took hold of Loras.

The High Sparrow and six other septons entered the Sept, walking down the steps. Margaery appears in the crowd beside her father, Mace. She and the High Sparrow exchanged a glance as he walked by.

The High Sparrow and the other septons occupied seven chairs seated in a circle around the central chamber of the sept, and Margaery looked around at the crowd.

Tommen was sitting in a chair in the center of his room, looking out the window, when his attendant entered.

"Your Grace. The trial will be getting underway soon."

Tommen didn't reply and the attendant left.

A handmaiden connected a golden chain between two golden shoulder fastenings on Cersei's dress, then placing a ring on Cersei's middle finger.

Lancel and a group of Faith Militant ushered Loras into the sept and down the steps. His hair has been shaven. Margaery stared at him. The Faith Militant led him to the center of the room and moved away.

The High Sparrow stood. "Ser Loras Tyrell. Are you prepared to stand trial and profess your guilt or innocence before the Seven?"

"There'll be no need for a trial. I confess before the Seven and freely admit to my crimes."

"To which crimes will you be confessing?"

"All of them. I lay with other men including the traitor Renly Baratheon."

The crowd murmured.

"I perjured myself before the gods. I am guilty of depravity... dishonesty, profligacy, and arrogance. I see that now. I humble myself before the Seven and accept whatever punishment the gods deem just."

"The gods' judgment is fierce, but also fair. The Warrior punishes those who believe themselves beyond the reach of justice. But the Mother shows her mercy to those who kneel before her."

Loras kneeled. "I take full responsibility for my many sins and unburden myself of my desires. My only remaining wish is to devote my life to the Seven. May I be a living example of their grace for others to witness."

"You understand fully what this means?"

"I do. I will abandon the Tyrell name and all that goes with it. I will renounce my lordship and my claims on Highgarden. I will nevr remarry and I will nevr father any more children."

"Brother Loras..." The High Sparrow began.

Loras started to cry.

"...I ask you to dedicate your life to the seven gods."

The High Sparrow touched Loras' face, causing Loras to look up at him.

"Will you fight to defend your faith against heretics and apostates?"

"I will."

The High Sparrow smiled, nodding. Two Faith Militant approached Loras and took him by the arms. A third approached him from behind, drew a knife, and began carving the mark of the Seven into Loras' forehead.

Mace stirred. "No, I can't let them..."

Margaery blocked her father with her arm. "Faith is the way, Father."

They watched as Loras winced.

The handmaiden finished dressing Cersei and stepped away from her.

Tommen heard someone approaching his chambers once more.

"All right. I'm ready."

Tommen stood and turned around, only to find Robert Strong standing in the doorway.

"I have to go, I'm-- I'm late for the trial."

He walked towards Robert, who puts his hand on his shoulder, blocking his path.