Dornish Returns

[Dorne - Sunspear]

Prince Doran, Prince Oberyn, Princess Arianne, Prince Trystane, Princess Myrcella, Lady Nym and Obara all stood on the shore, watching as a ship, flying the Velaryon banner, approached. Of course Areo and a few of his men were also nearby.

It docked and two men led Ellaria and Tyene to their family.

"Dorne thanks you for the safe return of our family," Prince Doran greeted.

"We were simply doing what was right." The first man told him.

"Nonetheless, Dorne remains grateful. If it pleases you, we have arranged a feast for you and your men. A thank you of sorts."

The men looked at one another before nodding.

"I'm sure our men would appreciate that, Prince Doran," the second man acknowledged.

They both bowed their heads in respect.

"Then, it is settled, let us feast."

The group had moved to the main dining hall, where the feast was to be held.

The two men who had actively participated in Tyene and Ellaria's recovery, sat with the Dornish royals, while their men set at various nearby tables, mingling with the Dornish men and women.

Prince Doran clinked his glass, capturing the attention of those in attendance. "First, I would like to thank the noble men of House Velaryon for returning my niece and the mother of my brother's youngest children."

The hall erupted into applause for their guests.

"Let us feast!" He clapped his hands and various dishes were carried out by servants.

Lamb, flatbread with chickpea paste and purple olives, stuffed green peppers, and for dessert, creamcakes. Not to mention, some of the finest wine in all Seven Kingdoms; Sour Donish Red and Dornish strongwine.

Later, when the feast had finished, the Martells, Sands and Myrcella had gathered in Prince Doran's solar.

"They used the Long Farewell," Ellaria told them. "They chained us to opposite walls. That bitch wanted to make me watch as Tyene suffered. She would keep me alive, even if they had to force feed me, so I wouldn't miss any of it. I thought we were going to die down there."

Tyene hung her head at the memory.

"They wished to provoke you into returning Myrcella by killing us," Ellaria continued.

"I'm sorry," Myrcella apologized. "If I had just stayed in King's Landing, none of this would happen."

"It's not your fault," Trystane told her, receiving nods from the others. "Your mother made her own choices, and she justifies them by telling herself she is doing it to ensure the safety and return of you and your sister."

"They killed Lady Olenna. Aegar is Lord of Highgarden. He's only one nameday. His entire family is dead."

"Yes, a tragedy," Doran interjected. "One I plan to avoid for the Martells. Your mother has already wiped out one Great House. There's nothing to stop her from trying to do the same to another."

"So, what should we do?"

"We agreed to wait for the return of Ellaria and Tyene before discussing how to proceed. Along with Arianne, they are the only ones to meet her in person.

"I believe she has a good heart, Daenerys," Ellaria began. "She could be Queen already if she flew her dragons to King's Landing, but as she said, she is not here to be Queen of the Ashes."