Secret Visit To Kings Landing

Lady Catelyn and Ser Rodrick entered Kings Landing, where they were instantly on the lookout for anyone they didn't want to run into.

"Fewer eyes back here, my Lady. But still too many."

"It's nine years since I've set foot in the capital. And no one knew who I was the last time I came either."

"My Lady." He called, noticing a man approaching them.

"Welcome to King's Landing, Lady Stark. Would you mind following us?" The man greeted.

"I would. We've done nothing wrong. "

"We've been instructed to escort you into the city."

"Instructed? I don't know who's providing your instructions, but..."

"Follow me, Lady Stark." He repeated.

"Cat! Go on. Go upstairs." Her old friend, Lord Baelish shouted.

"You little worm! You take me for some back-alley Sally you can drag into a... " Catelyn shouted as she entered.

"I meant no disrespect to you of all people." He confessed.

"How dare you bring me here! Have you lost your mind?"

"No one will come looking for you here. Isn't that what like you wanted? I'm truly sorry... about the locale."

"How did you know I was coming to King's Landing?" Catelyn asked.

"A dear friend told me." He replied.

"Lady Stark." Lord Varys greeted, seeming stepping out of the shadows.

"Lord Varys." She returned.

"To see you again after so many years is a blessing. Your poor hands." He gestured to her wrapped hands that were still in the process of healing after she tried to fight off the assassin sent to murder her son. 

"How did you know I was coming?"

"Knowledge is my trade, my Lady. Did you bring the dagger with you, by any chance? My little birds are everywhere. Even in the north. They whisper to me the strangest stories. Valyrian steel."

"Do you know whose dagger this is?" Lady Catelyn asked him.

"I must admit I do not." Varys acknowledged.

"Well well, this is an historic day. Something you don't know that I do." Littlefinger teased. "There's only one dagger like this in all of the Seven Kingdoms. It's mine."

"Yours?" Lady Catelyn asked, incredulously, turning to look at him.

"At least it was, until the tournament on Prince Joffrey's last nameday. I bet on Ser Jaime in the jousting, as any sane man would. When the Knight of the Flowers unseated him, I lost this dagger."

"To whom?" She asked.

"Tyrion Lannister. The Imp."

Unfortunately Lady Catelyn was all too trusting of her childhood friend and took him at his word.

Lord Baelish returned to the Red Keep where he met with Lord Stark.

"Lord Stark. I meant to give you this earlier. So forgetful these days. A raven from Winterfell this morning." He overheard Maestar Pycelle say.

"Good news? Perhaps you'd like to share it with your wife?" Baelish questioned as he entered.

"My wife is in Winterfell."

"Is she?"

He then escorted him to one of his brothels.

"I thought that she'd be safest in here. One of several such establishments I own."