Purple Wedding

[King's Landing, The Sept Of Baelor]

Margaery and Mace made their way down the aisle. Margaery's hair was in an elaborate updo of curls that cascaded down her back, her dress ivory with embroidered silver vines, reflecting her house. Mace handed her off to Joffrey before joining his family in the crowd. The pair continue up the steps to the High Septon. He placed a cape over her shoulders. They clasped hands and were bound together by the Septon.

"Let it be known that Margaery of House Tyrell and Joffrey of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder."

"With this kiss, I pledge my love." Joffrey said before he and Margaery kissed, the crowd applauding.

"We have a new Queen," Sansa commented.

"Better her than you." Tyrion told her.

"On that we can agree, Uncle," Aelinor chimed in before sauntering off, the cape of her gown billowing behind her.

She might wish her attendance was not mandatory, but she'd be darned if she didn't look good.

Her gown was a deep red silk material. The corset had a deep v cut, exposing more cleavage than she was used to. The bodice had simple bronze embroidery. The cape which was built in to the dress was the same material and colour as the gown. Her hair was left in simple curls.

Aelinor didn't tend to dress extravagantly. But, it was a wedding. Even if she wasn't terribly fond of the bride and groom, she saw no reason for her fashion to suffer.

The royal family set trends when it came to their fashion and the way they chose to style their hair.

If they worse something or did their hair a certain way, the next day other women in court be seen with similar or the same style.

Though, they would nevr live up to the originals.

Tywin and Olenna talked in the garden as the wedding guests filter out, making their way to the outdoor courtyard for the wedding feast.

"Bit much, wouldn't you say?" Tywin asked.

"It feels proportionate." Olenna responded.

"Proportionate to what?"

"The expected extravagance."

"People who spend their money on this sort of nonsense tend not to have it for long."

"You ought to try enjoying something before you die. You might find it suits you." Olenna told him.

Mace approached and tried to join them.

"Not now, Mace. Lord Tywin and I are speaking."

Tywin and Olenna continued walking, while Mace reared back, causing Aelinor to stifle a laugh from her place behind him.

The Queen of Thorns was nothing, if not witty.

"Anyway, I don't know what you're complaining about. I'm paying my share."

"Shall we stick golden roses in half the meat pies to commemorate your generosity?"

Aelinor rolled her eyes at this. For someone who took great, some would say overly great, pride in the lion of his family sigil, he had no room to judge how others took pride in their own.

"No, your heartfelt thank you is its own reward. I would imagine I'd be hearing it again before long. Wars are rather expensive. "The Iron Bank will have it's due." How they love to remind everyone. Almost as much as you Lannisters with your debts."