New King & Tyrion's Trial

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Throne Room]

Tommen's coronation had arrived. Which meant Tyrion's trial was fast approaching.

The High Septon led the coronation of Tommen Baratheon, Ser Jaime Lannister patrolling in the back.

"May the Warrior grant him courage and protect him in these perilous times. May the Smith grant him strength that he might bear this heavy burden. And may the Crone, she that knows the fate of all men, show him the path he must walk and guide him through the dark places that lie ahead. In the light of the Seven, I now proclaim Tommen of the House Baratheon First of His Name. King of the Andals and the First Men and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. Long may he reign!" The High Septon placed the crown on Tommen's head.

"Long may he reign!" The crowd chorused before erupting in applause.

Tommen bowed before exchanging a look with Margaery Tyrell, his brother, and late uncle's, widow.

"Special day." The High Septon commented.

The court proceeded to the Sept of Baelor.

There, Tommen sat on the Throne, accepting oaths. His grandfather, Tywin Lannister stood beside him and his mother and sister stood nearby.

Aelinor hadn't miss the look between Margaery and her brother in the Throne Room, and it appeared she wasn't the only one as she caught Margaery gazing at her youngest brother yet again.

Aelinor watched as her mother approached her brother's widow.

The lady was clad in black, but did not appear very mournful. Not that Aelinor could blame her. Marriage to Joffrey would have been a nightmare.

But, she could have at least attempted to put on a more convincing facade as the widow of the late King.

One of her handmaidens had overheard a conversation between Margaery and grandmother. It seemed Margaery was hellbent on becoming Queen. With Joffrey gone, her next plan was to move on to Tommen. He was younger and easier to manipulate.

"Your Grace." Margaery greeted as Cersei stood next to her, both of them watching as people bowed before Tommen.

"There he is."

"Long may he reign."

"Long may he reign." Cersei parroted.

"He sits the throne like he was born to it.

"Yes. He wasn't, though, was he?"

"No, he wasn't."

"You still mourn for Joffrey?"

"He was my husband. My king."

"He would have been your nightmare."

"Your Grace, I feel..."

"You knew exactly what he was. I did, too. You nevr love anything in the world the way you love your first child. But more importantly your first of hopefully many, sons. Doesn't matter what they do. And what he did, it shocked me. Do you think I'm easily shocked?"

"No."

"The things he did shocked me. He's only a boy. A good boy. A decent boy. He always has been. Who was the last decent king, I wonder? He could be the first man who sits on that throne in fify years to actually deserve it."

"It would be some consolation, wouldn't it? For all the horror that put him there."

"He will need help... if he's going to rule well."

"He has you."

"A mother is not enough. You're still interested in being queen, I take it?"

"Oh. After all that's happened... It sounds strange, I know, but I am... I haven't even given any thought to it, what comes next. It would be a great honor, of course. But I will have to speak to my father about it."