Dorne

[Dorne - Sunspear]

Prince Doran, his daughter, Arianne, son, Trystane, his son's betrothed, Myrcella, and his nieces, Obara and Nymeria were gathered in his solar. His brother, Oberyn, sat on a chair beside him.

As alwys, Areo Hotah was nearby, watching for any harm to his Prince or family.

"I received this, this morning." He held up a scroll. "Your mother and sister were captured on their return to Dorne."

"By who?" Obara asked, not bothering to correct him when he called Ellaria her mother. She respected the woman, but did not call her mother. At best, she was a mother figure.

"Euron Greyjoy."

"The Greyjoys are working with Cersei? I thought they were working with Daenerys," Arianne said.

She had met Yara Greyjoy while she treated with Daenerys.

The young woman was fierce, and fuelled by the hatred of her uncle, for murdering her father.

"Yara has also been captured." He told them.

"They have my daughter and my lover," Oberyn said. "What are you going to do about it, brother?"

"I do not have to do anything at all."

Choruses of outrage sounded from the others.

"Because someone has already took it upon themselves to help us guarantee their safe return." He held up a separate scroll.

"Who?" Arianne asked.

"Princess Aelinor. She cautioned the council against sending Ellaria and Tyene back to Dorne with an Ironborn escort. Apparently she had a dream, that they would be captured. But, she was ignored."

"A dream?" Nymeria asked. "What? Like Daenys 'The Dreamer'?"

"Exactly. They begun with her pregnancy and have become more frequent."

"Has she told you anything else?"

"Only that she and Prince Daemon have devised a plan to get our family back."

"You see?" Arianne said. "I trusted Daenerys. What happened to Quentyn was not her fault. She presented herself as a just and worthy ruler. I really thought I was wrong in rushing to crown Aelinor. But, perhaps, I was wrong in allowing myself to be swayed by pretty words and actions."

"You cannot blame yourself, daughter. Clearly Ellaria saw something in her as you did. Otherwise she would not have used the permission I gave her to authorize an alliance."

"She cannot have children," Arianne muttered.

"Who?"

"Daenerys. Her husband was injured fighting one of his men and she accepted the help of a witch from a village their horde had just captured. She had been raped three times before Daenerys commanded her husband's men to stop. This witch only made his condition worse."

"What did she expect?" Obara scoffed. "Her husband's khalasar just invaded the woman's home, and she would just fix him?"

"The witch performed a ritual that cost Daenerys her son and left her husband in a vegetative state. She was told she could not have any more children."

"Then how does she mean to carry on the Targaryen line when she claims the Throne?" Nymeria asked.

"I suppose by naming her brother her heir. He's married to Aelinor now, and she's pregnant. They're both young, and presumably fertile. They can have heirs to carry on the Targaryen dynasty."

"Even thought, by birthright, regardless of gender, he is the heir instead of her, because he is her older brother."

"Yes." Doran interected. "But, he has set aside his claim in honour of his sister's."

"So, what do we do now?" Oberyn broke his silence.

"We observe," Doran told them. "Both women share blood ties with our house. That matters precious little-"

"At least Aelinor has helped our family instead of hurt it," Nymeria added. "She killed Amory Lorch and sent us his head. Daenerys got our sister and Ellaria captured, and quite possibly killed."

"Father killed the Mountain, but that bitch Cersei Lannister had her maestar resurrect him. They insulted our house once again by sending us a fake." Obara backed up her sister.

"Cersei Lannister rules by fear," Ariane said. "The people don't love her and she does not care. But, Daenerys... she wants the love of the people, not just the Throne. The love which Aelinor already inspired through her good deeds with the smallfolk."

"And you believe her daughter would help us bring down her mother?" Doran asked.

For the first time, Myrcella spoke. "Aelinor loves our mother, like most children do. But, I know she has alwys felt like an afterthought to her. Our mother doted on me and my brothers. King Robert loathed her because she looked like Rhaegar. Aelinor practically raised herself. She does not seek power. I remember she told me, that in some ways, she wished she was born a boy, so she could be heir instead of Joffrey. She knew what a monster he was. We all did. But, our mother ignored it and crowned him King."

"What do you believe we should do?"

"I've nevr learned anything about war or battle strategies. That was meant for our brothers. Neither of them learned either. But, I would do as you said. Wait for Ellaria and Tyene to be returned and observe. See if Daenerys is still worthy of supporting, or if we should support my sister. It would certainly help with her and Prince Daemon's combined claims. Targaryen and Baratheon loyalists would both be satisfied. But, only as a last resort, if things with Daenerys continue to deteriorate."

"And you said you nevr learned strategies," Trystane teased, causing her to smile.

"I think that is a wonderful idea Princess Myrcella. Are we all in agreement?"

Everyone either nodded or voiced their ascent.

"Then it has been decided. That is what we will do."