Invitation To King's Landing

[Winterfell]

"My lady." Wolkan handed a scroll to Sansa, who read it. "My lady?"

"It's an invitation. To King's Landing."

She travelled, searching for Brienne, who she found in her chambers.

"My lady, you are the Lady of Winterfell."

"I am, and you will represent my interest at this gathering as you see them." Sansa told her.

"They invited you, they want you there."

"I will not set foot in King's Landing while Cersei Lannister is queen. They want another Stark prisoner, they can come and take me. Until then, I'll remain where I belong. I have work to do here." Sansa tended to the fire.

"It's not safe."

"Ser Jaime will be there. You said he treated you honourably before."

"I'm not worried about me. It's not safe leaving you with Littlefinger in the Capital. He could have betrayed you and had Cersei send men to kill you."

"I have many guards who'd happily imprison him or behead him whether or not you're here. The Vale Knights do not like or trust him. They only went with him because I asked."

"And you trust the loyalty of these guards? You trust he hasn't been speaking to them behind your back? Let me at least leave Podrick behind to watch over you. He has become a competent swordsman."

"I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child, I am the Lady of Winterfell and I am home. This is the safest place for me."

"My lady. I sworn an oath to protect you and your sister. If I abandon you-"

"The trip to King's Landing is long, Lady Brienne, and you won't be travelling on summer roads. The sooner you leave, the better your chances of making it on time. Besides, think of it this way, you can search for Arya in the capital and watch over her. Make sure she hasn't gotten herself into trouble."

"Yes, My Lady." Brienne bowed before exiting.

Sansa watched her go. She was still awaiting word of Littlefinger's movements in the Capital.

He clearly hadn't sacked the city or she would have heard about it.

So, what was he up to?

Sansa ventured to the Godswood where she suspected her brother would be, as he often was.

Sure enough, Bran sat in front of the Weirwood tree, his eyes completely white.

He spent most of his time warging, leaving Sansa to deal with the upkeep of Winterfell on her own. Arya preferred swords, which left her little help in the ways of learning to run a castle. Besides, she wasn't even here.

Arya had grown restless and insisted on departing for the Capital. Something about needing to finish her list.

Sansa knew, with or without her permission, Arya would leave. So, she only wished for her to be careful.

This is when Arya revealed to her that she had been training in Braavos, with the Faceless Men. It's how she got so much better at fighting. It would also allow her to slip into the city and cross off whoever was left on her list.

Reluctantly, Sansa had agreed to allow her to go. Not before asking her to keep an eye on Littlefinger.

She waited patiently for her brother to return to the present.

When he did, she said, "I've been summoned to King's Landing." She paused. "I sent Brienne in my stead. I will not set foot in that city with Cersei as Queen."

"Good."

"Anything new?"

"Yes. I warged into a raven and sent it to Dragonstone. Princess Aelinor has had another dream. Jon and the others will come close to perishing, leading Daenerys to rescue them, mainly Jorah. But she will lose one of her dragons."

"What affect will that have on the alliance?"

"They will still travel to King's Landing to broker peace, but it will fail, and Daenerys will refuse to help us."

"We need to warn Jon."

"I'm not sure it will reach in time. The land beyond the wall is much more expansive than Westeros. They could be anywhere."

"So we do nothing?"

"For now. But, it will work itself out."

"How do you know? I thought you could only see things that have happened or are happening."

"I trust our brother-cousin- whatever he is now."

"He's still Jon."

"Yes, he is."

But, for how long?