Parley Requests

[Red Keep - Dungeons]

Bronn and Jaime were walking by the dragon skulls. Both men had sparring swords in their hand.

"We don't have time for this. We should be preparing the city for a siege. The Dothraki are coming." Jaime said.

"All the more reason for you to train. Unless you plan on fighting Dothraki twelve year olds."

"I seem to recall them giving you a bit of trouble as well."

"And here I am ready to train."

"Why down here?"

"I don't think you want people to see how you look swinging that thing yet."

"Today might be the day I kill you by accident."

"Oh, you won't be swinging it at me." Bronn stopped walking and held his torch out.

Tyrion stepped from around a pillar and looks at Jaime, who looked angrily at Bronn.

"I'll leave you to it." Bronn turned and walks away leaving Jaime and Tyrion alone.

"I needed to see you and I knew you'd nevr agree to meet."

Jaime remained silent and stared at Tyrion.

"You made me look like a complete fool. I thought I'd surprise you by hitting Casterly Rock, but you were three steps ahead of me. You abandoned the family home. Completely unsentimental. Father would have been proud."

"Don't talk about our father."

"Listen to me-"

"I once told Bronn that if I evr saw you again I'd cut you in half."

Tyrion glanced down at the sword in Jaime's hand. "You had the chance when I returned to broker peace, yet you did nothing but whine at me for killing our father. Besides, it would take you awhile with a sparring sword."

Jaime shook his head, saying nothing.

"He was going to execute me. He knew I was innocent. He didn't hate me because of anything I did, he hated me because of what I am. The little monster sent to punish him. Do you think I wanted to be born this way? Did he think I chose-"

"What do you want?" Jaime interrupted.

"Daenerys will win this war. You're a military man. You must know there is no way around it. Daenerys is not her father. She's even willing to suspend hostilities if Cersei agrees to certain terms."

"You want Cersei to bend the knee you can ask her yourself."

"I -- I don't. Daenerys doesn't. Not right now anyway. She has a more important request."

More important indeed.

[King's Landing - Flea Bottom]

Men are in the market selling their wares. A blacksmith sharpens a sword on a grinding wheel. Davos' friend, Ser Richard Morrigen, was walking through the market glancing around. Davos had sent him because he knew Gendry would recognize him.

A man in a blacksmith shop pulled a sword from the fire and began to hammer it on his anvil.

Richard walks into the shop. "I wasn't sure I'd find you."

The blacksmith put the sword down and turned around, revealing Gendry Waters, the bastard son of Robert Baratheon.

"I thought you might still be rowing."

Gendry chuckled and Richard smiled.

"Our mutual friend looked in shops, taverns, brothels. He should have known to come straight to the Street of Steel."

"Weren't you worried about the Goldcloaks?"

"I haven't been here in yeas. Why should they recognize me? Sometimes I hardly do. Nothing fucks you harder than timr."

Richard walked to the side of the shop and inspected a rack of swords. He pulled one, nodding in approval and put it back in its place.

He turned back to Gendry. "Anybody give you any trouble?"

"Here I am arming Lannisters. I nevr get a second look. You were right. Safest place for me was right under the queen's nose."

"Don't be so sure. Safety is nevr a permanemt state of affairs. Bad things are coming."

Gendry nodded. "Davos sent you to get me. You want me to come with you."

"I think you need to understand-"

"I'm ready. Let's go."

"You should know what you're heading into."

"Don't you think I've been thinking about it every swing of the hammer... how happy I am making weapons for the family that killed my father? They tried to kill me." Gendry was tossing his tools and apron to the side. He picked up a satchel and swung it over his head. "I've been getting ready. I nevr knew what for, but I've alwys known I'd know it when it comes."

"You might want to bring one of those swords."

Gendry smiled at Richard and began walking towards the weapons. "I don't know much about swinging swords, but this-" He removed a giant war hammer from the wall. "-this I know."

Gendry and Richard turned and walked out of the shop.