Broken Lord

Apparently that thing that had happened while they were away was Lord Stark's second youngest son, Bran, had fallen while climbing one of the towers.

There was not much that could be done, except wait. Wait to see if the boy regained consciousness.

His mother, Lady Stark, remained at his bedside, while Lord Stark did his best to handle his remaining children as he also readied to leave to Kings Landing.

It seemed as though everyone was trying to continue with their duties, offering well wishes for Bran's recovery.

Though a certain Prince, was noticeably not among them.

Prince Joffrey stood outside the dog kennel with his protecter, Sandor Clegane, also known as The Hound.

He was peering down at his uncle Tyrion, who appeared to have fallen asleep after having too much to drink.

"Better bitches than you're used to, huh uncle?" Joffrey jested.

Tyrion staggered to his feet before exiting the kennel.

"We ride for Kings Landing today," Joffrey informed his uncle, who would not be joining them.

"Before you go, you will call on Lord and Lady Stark and offer them your sympathies."

"What good will my sympathies do them?"

"None. But it is expected of you. Your siblings have already done so."

"Of course. Perfect Princess Aelinor."

"Perhaps you could learn a thing or two from her. Your absence has already been noted."

"Besides, I can't stand the wailings of women," Joffrey said, laughing as he turned to his sworn protecter, The Hound, as if expecting him to join. Of course, he did not.

When he turned back around, he was met by a slap.

"One word and I'll hit you again." Tyrion told him.

"I'm telling mother!" Another slap.

"Go! Tell her! But first, you will get to Lord and Lady Stark and you will fall on your knees in front of them and tell them how very sorry you are, that you are at their service, and that all your prayers are with them. Do you understand?"

"You can't..." Joffrey started, only to be struck a third time.

"Do you understand?" Finally seeming to get the message, Joffrey stormed off.

"The Prince will remember that, little lord." Sandor told Tyrion.

"I hope so. If he forgets, be a good dog and remind him. Time for breakfast." He walked off to the dining hall. It was empty save his siblings, Aelinor, Myrcella, Tommen and a few servants.

"Bread. And two of those little fish. And a mug of dark beer to wash it down. And bacon, burned black." He ordered from a maid.

"Little brother." Jaime greeted.

"Beloved siblings." Tyrion returned, joining them after shifting Tommen down to make room for himself.

"Is Bran going to die?" Myrcella asked, getting straight to the point. 

"Apparently not."

"What do you mean?"

Aelinor looked at her mother, noting the look she shared with her twin.

"The Maester says the boy may live."

"It's no mercy, letting a child linger in such pain."

"Careful mother. One might think you wanted the child to die." Aelinor said, receiving no words, only a look.