Baby scan

Today is the day of the baby scan of John B's and Sarah's child there very excited all the others wanted to go but the nurses are very stingy on who's allowed in anyway let's get on with the story

The next morning Sarah is wearing a big oversized jumper with white joggers and John B is wearing shorts with a yellow shirt with a zip up they have their cereal and they go to the hospital.

They go to the nurses desk and explain what they're here for.

Hi welcome to the outerbanks hospital how may I help you today? The receptionist replies kindly.

Hi my name is Sarah Cameron here to see Dr Cyrus up in maternity for a baby scan. Sarah responds to the nurse kindly.

Yep Sarah Cameron here at 15:10 take a seat and dr Cyrus will be with you shortly. Replied the nurse.

They take a seat waiting to be called through as time ticks there name is called out

SARAH CAMERON!

They both get up and follow her in the room John B helps remove her Sarah's jacket and holds it in his hands while Sarah lays on the bed waiting.

The nurse grabs the fetal ultrasound to check for the baby measurement she picks up the gel and warns Sarah it will be a bit cold.

Okay sweetie the gel will be a bit cold but soon warm up. The nurse replies nicely and squirts it on Sarah's belly. I

Sarah just nods her head politely as they get ready to see their child.

The nurse places the ultrasound on Sarah's belly to look at their child she rolls it around to find the heartbeat and in about 2 minutes they find the heartbeat and Sarah and John B have tears in both their eyes the only sound filling this room is their babies heartbeat.

Sarah speaks up first.

Oh my gosh look baby that's our baby in there! Sarah replies softly.

Yes our baby is so small and beautiful. John B says in a heartwarming voice.

Would you like to know the gender guys? The nurse asks politely

Sarah and John B look at each other.

They shake their heads to each other.

Umm.. we will wait until the next scan if that's okay? Sarah replies politely

Yes of course that's absolutely fine congratulations on becoming parents I'm sure you will do amazingly.

Also here's a leaflet what mom will experience throughout the stages. The nurse said kindly.

It's in big bold letters

Becoming new parents

What to expect throughout your pregnancy

1. Cramps

2. Nausea (morning sickness)

3. Frequent headaches and urination

4. Aches and pains in body

5. Change in appetite

Your next appointment is going to be on Saturday April 10th for the next scan any questions don't hesitate to call. The nurse said nicely.

They thank the nurse and drive home happily that their baby is healthy and okay.

Until next time!