JJ's mom's birthday

It was JJ's mom's birthday today and he's struggling with his mom's death when he was six and he got left with an abusive dad and who hits him everyday. 

JJ woke up and got in the shower and got into some board shorts and shirt and a sweater ready to meet the pogues and his girlfriend kiara at the wreck. 

Happy birthday mom. JJ said as he left his room and looked at a photo of him on his mother's shoulder eating ice cream and laughing. 

JJ got downstairs and saw his dad drinking and working on his motorcycle, so he walked up to him and spoke. 

Hi dad, it's mom's birthday today. JJ said quietly. 

I know son, Luke says like nothing has happened and continues on working. 

That's it? It's mom's birthday and you're out here drinking out of your mind, and working on your motorcycle. JJ says pissed off. 

What do you mean? She left us and walked out and never came back, so what's up your ass. Luke says. 

What's up my ass? What's up my ass is that you don't even care that it mom's birthday. JJ exclaims angrily. 

Luke turns red and has anger in his face and voice. 

What did you say to me? Luke exclaims angrily. 

JJ just looks at him with nervousness in his eyes and sadness, and thinks how can he not care that it's his wife's birthday well ex wife. 

N-nothing. JJ tries to walk out but Luke stops him by tripping him up and falling to the ground.

Never say that to me again boy. Luke says threatening, Luke shoves his hand into his abdomen and hits him. 

D-dad please stop, I'm sorry okay. JJ says almost pleading. 

Luke stops and sits back down drinking another beer and working. 

Get the hell out! Luke says Pissed off and drunk. 

JJ bolts out and tears start streaming down his face at how his dad can be so horrible and not be nice for once. 

JJ hops on his motorcycle and bolts out the driveway heading to the wreck. 

Everyone is talking and drinking while waiting for JJ, kiara is the first one to notice him and gives a look at what she sees, JJ crying and gets off the motorcycle and heads to the beach and leans against the tree. 

Kiara says to the guys she'll be back and rushes off to find JJ. 

Kiara finds her boyfriend leaning against the tree and crying his eyes out, kiara quickly rushes over to him and brings him in her arms. 

Shhh, shh baby I got you it's okay, what's wrong bubba. Kiara shushes gently and asks her trembling boyfriend in her arms. 

I-it's m-my mom's birthday today a-and m-my dad d-doesn't c-care. JJ says as he sobs in her arms. 

Kiara can't help but shed a few tears, she knew JJ had rough when his mom walked out and left him with his dad who doesn't even love him for him. 

Awww baby I'm so sorry, well happy birthday to her. Kiara responds softly. 

Kiara can't believe Luke can be so cold hearted to his son, she stops herself to go over there and knock him on his ass, for what he did to his son. 

T-thanks, s-she would have loved you. JJ responds still in her arms but no longer sobbing just small sniffles. 

Aww no problem, and I bet I would have loved her too baby. Kiara smiles. 

How  about we go see the guys and have a couple of beers to celebrate her yeah? Kiara suggests. 

Yes, she'll love that. JJ says happily. 

Okay, I'm sure she would to baby. Kiara says as they walk to the rest of the group.

Once they reach the rest, they all stop what they're doing and wrap the two in a big hug.

Happy birthday to your mom JJ! They all say unison with a beer in their hand up in the air. 

Oh wow! thanks guys. JJ says as he accepts the beer from John B. 

Of course. She is one of us which makes her a pogue. Sarah says happily.

Damn right. Kiara says as she throws an arm  over JJ's shoulder. 

JJ is so happy that they all are celebrating his mom, and he's so glad to have a family like them. 

To JJ's mom. They all say. 

They all start laughing and talking about how pope rushed out of school, and tells the teacher can I be excused to help them in the bathroom.