Bruises

It was one night when JJ walked in limping and holding his side, Kiara was reading a book and noticed her husband.

Hi baby? Kiara asks unsure why he's limping and holding his side.

Hi, what's up. JJ asks like nothing should be wrong.

Umm, why are you limping and holding onto your side for bubba? Kiara asks confused.

Umm, well I whacked into the sideboard and banged my ankle into the drawer and fell to the ground. JJ asks trying to hide the fact that it was his dad who beat him up.

Hmm, okay J. Kiara responds and goes back to her book. Kiara knows he's not telling the truth he never does if he's hurt just blames it on something else.

JJ gets washed and changed into bed and says good Night.

Night baby. JJ replies.

Night bubba. Kiara replies the same tone.

Kiara watches JJ fall asleep, but she stays awake, wondering what happened, so she rolls JJ over without waking him up, he stirs but doesn't wake up. Kiara gets scared to take the next step but she knows it's better to do it.

Kiara lifts JJ's arm up and places it on the pillow and lifts up his shirt just a tiny bit enough to see two big purple golf ball bruises on the side, Kiara's eyes start pooling with tears, Kiara knows it was Luke.

JJ wakes up and feels different as he felt his arm on the pillow and his shirt risen up a tiny bit, and noticed Kiara's tears.

Baby? What's wrong? JJ asks confused as he pulls his shirt down.

D-did y-your d-dad hit you baby? Kiara asks through her tears.

JJ gulps and looks down at his fingers, tears rolling down his face as he winces at how much the pain actually hurts.

Y-yes. JJ replies with a shakily voice and tears stream down his face.

Omg baby, why didn't you tell me! Kiara exclaims as she wraps her arms around him gently and lets him fall on her shoulder and cry.

Shh it's okay I got you now, you're safe with me, what your dad did is wrong baby, that shouldn't happen to anyone.

I know, I just wanna be loved by a nice,caring father who will love me. JJ sobs in his girls arms.

Those words rip through her heart like a knife, her lovely handsome and caring husband just wants to be loved by a parent, his mom left when he was six years old.

JJ, you are loved by us, and the pogues, even pope's parents treat you like their own baby.

JJ sniffles and gets up with Kiara to go to the washroom so she can clean his cuts.

Can you Sit on the toilet seat baby. Kiara suggests softly as she picks up a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.

Kiara places the ball on his bruises and rubs gently against his bruises, and shushes softly as he winces.

Shh it's okay baby, I'm nearly done. Kiara responds as she throws the ball in the bin and places the rubbing alcohol back in the aid kit and places it back in the cubby hole.

All done baby! Kiara replies happily as she gently pulls his top down.

Thanks babe. JJ responds and retreats to bed with Kiara in sync, they both get in JJ's head on Kiara's chest and Kiara lying down, they both fall asleep quickly.