Insomnia JJ Maybank

It was a rough day for JJ he was waiting for his girlfriend Kiara to arrive from work, he was laying in bed which the couple shared in his dressing gown and pjs with a glass of juice, the thoughts of today's events kept rerunning in his head, the door opening bought him out of his headspace, JJ heard the keys jangle as they were dropped into the bowl. 

JJ? Kiara called out. 

Up here baby. JJ shouted from upstairs. 

JJ heard her footsteps ascending the stairs as she walked in she looked beautiful as always and made her way to the closet putting her pjs on and getting in bed, she cuddled in his side as he stroke her curly brown hair, she fell asleep to his ministrations on her head, JJ couldn't sleep at all he tried to close his eyes but they wouldn't fall asleep, he moved kiara's head on to her pillow and placed a kiss on her head and laid his head down trying to sleep, he tossed and turned trying to find a comfy spot to sleep, he eventually woke Kiara by the movement she opened her eyes to look at the bedside clock.

2:00 

Baby it's 2AM are you okay? Kiara replied JJ could hear the tiredness in her voice. 

Yeah, fine babe. JJ replies like there's nothing wrong. 

Kiara doesn't accept his answer, she knows something is wrong with him, he just doesn't want to admit it, so she tries again. 

JJ, you've been tossing and turning all night and you woke me up, so please what's wrong. Kiara said desperately, 

JJ knew he had to tell her, he woke her up for goodness sake's, he decides to tell her what's wrong. 

Fine I can't sleep, my work day was rough and it keeps repeating the events in my head I just want It to stop Kie. JJ spoke, he was on the edge of crying. 

Kiara couldn't help but feel bad for her boyfriend, struggling to sleep wasn't new, he struggled to sleep when his dad was in the picture. 

Aww I'm sorry baby, c'mere, kiara said sweetly. As she opened her arms and welcomed JJ in with his head on her chest, she ran her fingers through his blond locks hoping that will work. 

Kiara knew it worked as his eyes fluttered closed momentarily, she kept one hand running through his hair and the other one rubbing soothing circles on his back, she could feel all the tension dissipating from his body.

JJ's eyes fluttered closed then fluttered open again liking the feeling of kiara's cool fingers through his hair and back. 

Shhh it's okay baby you can close your eyes and relax I got you. Kiara replies in a sweet gentle voice. 

JJ listens to his girl and just falls to dreamland hoping for a peaceful sleep. 

Kiara looks down at JJ seeing his eyes closed and little snores coming from his mouth, she was thankful her baby has finally gotten to sleep, with him in her arms, that's all she needs to fall asleep.