17

Chapter 17: Building a Greenhouse

In the evening, Chen Yi and Zhao Wen came to find Mu Qiao, each carrying a bag of things on their shoulders.

"Why are you here so late? Still holding something in his hand.

Mu Qiao heard a knock on the door, opened the door and saw the two of them standing in the doorway, still carrying things, and let them in.

"Go in and say."

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen looked around, carried the bag in, and Mu Qiao closed the door and followed into the house.

In the living room on the first floor, Chen Yi and Zhao Wen put down the things on their shoulders and sat down to rest.

"The two of us thought that potatoes were not safe in that hut, so we quickly turned our backs to you while no one was around."

"It's good to let me go, it's safer."

Mu Qiao put two bags of potatoes in the storage room and came back to talk to them.

Talking about each other's family affairs, chatting and talking about the big people from today's district.

That big man is the regional commander of their area, and today he came to inspect their district, and I heard that it was because the news of Zhang Bo's harm to the people in the area had reached his ears before.

No wonder those people today are so jealous of that middle-aged man, it turns out that he is the chief ah.

Talking about this chief chief, Chen began to talk to them about the great achievements and means of this chief elder.

For example:

become the chief at the age of 24;

An old district chief leaned on the old in front of him, and in the next second he removed the old district chief in front of everyone;

Introduce a tax exemption policy, as long as a family has one person who can make a useful farming machine, it can be exempted from tax for one year;

Forbidden to enter the forest, wantonly cut down vegetation in the forest, hunt down wild beasts in the forest...

"Mu Qiao, your family was exempted from taxes for seven or eight years by relying on you!"

"Then why did I make a water carrier this year, but there was no tax exemption when I collected taxes?"

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen looked at each other and saw surprise and doubt in each other's eyes.

"You, don't you know? Zhang Chuchu's pregnancy can be tax-free, and Mu Bai gave Zhang Bo's family the qualification for tax exemption this year. He also said that you know and agree to it. The

two of them saw Mu Qiao's expression and had an answer in their hearts.

Mu Qiao really didn't expect that Mu Bai's family did such a disgusting thing behind his back.

"Don't talk to me about it, I don't want to hear it. Let's talk about it in a different way. Mu

Qiao's current mood is very irritable and tired, and he still thinks about treating them well for the original owner before, and he still feels a little guilty when he broke off the relationship.

Think about the dream you had before, oh, how stupid.

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen were not worth it, so they immediately changed the topic and talked about the pile of corpses.

The land allocated to Mu Qiao by the Mu family was only a corpse field, and there was no place to grow grain during the New Year.

Mu Qiao had planned from the beginning to plant things in the corpse field and sprout potatoes just in time to plant them next year.