62

Chapter 62: Three fires for new officials to take office

The new leader was full of praise for Mu Qiao's proposal, and immediately asked the secretary to record Mu Qiao's proposal.

The new chief also asked the secretary to inform the others of a meeting on the topic of how to acquire land effectively without clashing with the people below.

The new chief also asked Mu Qiao, his newly appointed Minister of Agriculture, to attend the meeting to discuss the issue.

Afterwards, in the conference room, they had a heated discussion about the confiscation of wasteland and uncultivated farmland.

"It's okay to confiscate this wasteland, but are they willing to let go of the uncultivated arable land in the hands of others?"

"I also find it a bit tricky."

"What if those people are not willing to give up the land? We can't grab it, can we?

"Violence is also not going to work, it can be more counterproductive."

"Yes!"

"..." "..."

"Do you want to send someone to persuade those people?"

"Nope! It never works! There

are still local officials here, who have been officials for more than ten years, and they can be said to understand not 100% of the people's thinking, but also 90% of them.

This is an abandoned planet, and the people here can be said to be left to fend for themselves for hundreds of years.

Other planets will also find ways to exploit the people of this abandoned planet, selling eliminated technology products at high prices, opening casinos, selling guns, and forming a series of gray areas.

It can be said that their planet has not yet appeared interstellar robbers, which is really a blessing in misfortune.

Every year, the new planet only comes to send seeds of so-called latest research, as well as shabby machines and cars that have been eliminated from the new planet that can hardly be used anymore.

The planet also has government jurisdiction, there are classes, layer by layer of exploitation, and finally to their remote territories things can hardly be used, and the seeds are deflated and small.

Without good seeds, coupled with low fertility of the fields, how can it be possible to grow high-yield food.

The food tax here is heavy, not only the first two quarters of the grain have to be taxed, but the last quarter of the grain also has to pay taxes to the new planet, and the people who farm the land are pinning their hopes on cultivating more, sowing and harvesting more food.

Although every year New Planet brings some more qualified young people back, no one has returned so far.

The people here do not have much sense of belonging and identity for the government and the planet.

Sending people to persuade them to give up the fields they have sown with their energies has no possibility of success, and may even backfire, provoke their rebellion and be detrimental to management.

"How about money?"

Another solution was proposed, which was good, but not necessarily empty, many people were corrupt, and almost no one was willing to pay for it, even if it was public money.

This is a breeding ground for some of them to grow up with big moths, how can they be willing to give it up?

After this proposal was made, the atmosphere in the conference room was still quite delicate, didn't you see that the official who said this proposal had been sweating all the time?