18

Chapter 18: Bump Lenses

With the help of Chen Yi and Zhao Wen, the process of building a vegetable greenhouse was very fast.

The three of them were noisy, and the shed was set up in two days.

After building the greenhouse, they turned the soil over and over again to make sure the soil was loose and breathable enough for potato tubers to grow.

Mu Qiao gave Chen Yi and Zhao Wen a knife and told them how to cut potatoes, ensuring that there were 2-3 bud points on each piece.

The three of them cut a large bag of potatoes and stirred the ash and potato tubers well.

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen were a little puzzled why Mu Qiao mixed these potato chunks with the ashes burned at the bottom of the stove.

"Mu Qiao, why do you want to get them together so that they can be grown?"

"Of course, I've tried many times."

Listening to Mu Qiao's words, Chen Yi and Zhao Wen nodded suspiciously.

Mu Qiao knew that they did not believe it, and told them about the benefits of grass and wood ash.

"Don't believe it, this grass ash has a big effect."

"First, it can kill bacteria and prevent disease and repel insects. We mix it with potatoes so we don't have to worry about the potato chunks being eaten by insects.

"Second, it can absorb moisture. If we water too much, the ash will suck up the excess water and prevent the potato cubes from rotting. If there is a place in the house that is too damp, you can also sprinkle some grass and wood ash to dehumidify.

"Third, it can be used as fertilizer." Our land here is too barren, sprinkle some grass ash into the ground to make the crops stronger, and when you two plant crops again, you can also sprinkle some grass ash into the ground.

"Fourth, sprinkling it on potato chunks can increase germination speed."

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen's eyes widened more and more, and they really couldn't believe that the ash left by the burning pot was still so useful.

"Mu Qiao, is this true, it really has so many benefits? My family piles ash on the bottom of the stove in the yard.

"Our family too!"

"Of course, the crops we grow are all potholes, all gnawed by insects. Sprinkle with grass and wood ash, and there will definitely be very few pests in the field in the future. With

Mu Qiao's words as a reassuring pill, Chen Yi and Zhao Wen stood up and walked around, their faces full of excitement, and even lifted Mu Qiao up and threw it into the air.

"Hahaha... Mu Qiao, you are too powerful! Every season, those bugs gnaw most of the crops, and now there is a way to cure them!

"You guys quickly put me down, I'm a little dizzy."

Chen Yi and Zhao Wen quickly put Mu Qiao down, Mu Qiao stood unsteadily and almost sat on the ground, stumbling a few steps to grab Zhao Wen before standing firmly.

The two of them were so scary, hissing, dizzy.

After mixing the potato cubes with grass and wood ash, Mu Qiao and the three of them went into the greenhouse with potato cubes in pots and planted them.

The soil is already so soft that they only need to plant two-thirds of the potato cubes into the soil with the bud points facing up.

A large bag of potato chunks didn't look like much, Mu Qiao planted potato tubers in the greenhouse, sprinkled with water, and looked back, but there were still a third of the potato chunks that had not been planted.