Chapter 97 Guests

I thought that no one would come to move into such a fierce building even if it was free, but a few days later, people did come, and they were two people.

The first was an old beggar. Although he was dressed in rags, he was still neatly dressed. He was holding a broken bowl. He was about sixty years old and had a cane in his hand.

After he arrived, he glanced at me, his expression suddenly awe-inspiring, but he didn't say much. He took out two copper coins and threw them into the broken bowl. The coins made a sound, as if he was doing divination.

"This is it."

After the copper coins were settled, the old beggar said to himself, and then asked me if he could live in this house. Is it free?

Although he is a beggar, I can't discriminate against him. The notice has been posted saying that it is free. I didn't say anything. I gave him the key and let him choose a house to live in. Anyway, in such a big building, there are many It's a room, and there's no one in it.

Strangely enough, the beggar actually chose the fourth building, fourth floor, room number 444, and this room was particularly outrageous, facing south and west.

Generally speaking, there will not be room 444 in a house, let alone facing south or west. South is the white tiger, which is the most unlucky position, and west means returning to the west. Who is the wise man who designed this kind of unlucky room? I didn't know it at first because I hadn't looked at it carefully before, and I only found out after the old beggar picked it.

What's even weirder is that this old beggar seems to have come here just for this kind of room. He chose this room without even thinking about it, and looked very happy.

I tried to persuade him, saying that this kind of house was not good and the feng shui was too bad, so I asked him to change to another one. Anyway, the building is so big and there are plenty of houses, so why live in this kind of house?

But he shook his head and refused to change, saying that he wanted this one. He had committed all five shortcomings, his family was dead, and he was poor and miserable. It was God's blessing to live in such a cruel house. In this way, he You can live a few more years.

As soon as I heard what the old beggar said, I immediately understood that he must be an insider and somewhat virtuous. No wonder he chose 444 when he came up. So I had to give up and go with his wishes.

When he was finally leaving, the old beggar suddenly knelt down, bowed to me several times, and kowtowed. I couldn't bear it. I quickly tried to help him up, but he was as heavy as a mountain. With my strength, he couldn't stand it. Can't lift it up easily.

Master!

My heart skipped a beat, and I immediately understood that the old beggar in front of me was anything but simple. Normally, I could hold such an old man up with one hand, but this old beggar didn't want to get up, and I couldn't move him at all. He doesn't have a cent.

After the old beggar finished kowtowing, he stood up. However, he still thanked me profusely. Otherwise, at his age, he would probably starve to death on the streets, especially in winter. If there was no place to live, given his body and age, he would probably die of hunger on the street. It's definitely not going to make it through.

After thanking me, he also told me that if I have anything to do with him in the future, he will do his best to help me, and he will do his best to repay my kindness and never shirk it.

I smiled bitterly and asked him what he could do. After all, he was an old man. I really didn't know what else he could do, let alone repay anything. He was a beggar.

But the old beggar said something shocking. He silently said two words: kill!

Hearing these two words, I was shocked for a long time, because he didn't seem to be joking, the fierce look and murderous look in his eyes were extremely terrifying, and he didn't look like an old man at all.

After I came to my senses, I laughed, and he laughed too. What a treasure my grandfather left me. I understood, I understood everything. The nine-tailed fox did not lie to me.

I left without asking any more questions. The old beggar closed the door and lived here peacefully.

One advantage of this residential complex is that it is quiet because there is no one around. It is especially suitable for those who are lonely and like quiet. It is a favorite for those who live alone.

In addition to the old beggar, there is also a woman who drives corpses. She is from western Hunan. When we first met, she drove two corpses, one male and one female. The corpses had a scent, and they should be embalmed. Secret technique, fearing that the body will rot.

The two corpses were like zombies, jumping up and down, stiff, with faces as white as flour, two yellow talismans on their foreheads, and wearing ghastly shrouds, just like what they saw on TV.

I heard that they were a couple who got into a car accident and died miserably. The funeral car was also involved in car accidents several times. The driver always said that someone covered his eyes with their hands, and that was how the accident happened.

Anyone who understands this kind of thing knows it, so no funeral car dares to take on this job anymore. As a last resort, the only option is to hire a body mover.

The corpse chaser is an ancient profession. In ancient times, due to underdeveloped transportation, people who died in a foreign land wanted to return to their roots, so the profession of corpse chaser was born, especially for some evil corpses. Ghost corpses must be corpse chasers. Ordinary people will die miserably on the way, because some corpses have grievances and will kill people on the way!

However, with the convenience of transportation in modern times, the profession of corpse chasers has begun to decline. Moreover, the times have changed. Everyone believes in science and scorns things like superstition. However, there are some things you have to believe, such as this couple, please don't invite them. The corpse chaser really couldn't send him home.

I know about the corpse exorcists, but it's hard for me to understand that she is a woman. A woman's body is yin, which can easily attract evil spirits and cause the corpse to mutate. Moreover, it is very inconvenient. The journey to exorcise the corpse is long. What if menstruation comes? So in ancient times, the art of driving corpses was passed down from male to female. But in modern times, there are actually female corpse chasers?

This woman is probably in her twenties, quite young and beautiful. She wears a bamboo hat, a leather jacket with a charm on it, a charm in her left hand, a bell in her right hand, and a mahogany sword stuck on her back, and the blade is Black, a very rare magic sword. I have never heard of black peach wood swords, so I am ignorant.

The woman said her name was Fang Ting, a professional corpse hunter from western Hunan. Her profession was very discriminated against, or it could be said to be...fearful, so others thought she was unlucky. She couldn't rent a house anywhere and often slept on the street. Then she came here after seeing my notice.

For her, the haunted house was not scary at all. She had been sleeping with corpses since she was a child and was very courageous. On the day of her eighteenth-year-old coming-of-age ceremony, her master threw her into a red coffin and slept with a green-haired zombie. At dawn, she hadn't seen anything. Haha, a haunted house was nothing. She would be thankful to have a place to live.

But she is different from the old beggar. She has a legitimate income and can pay me the rent. Her master has taught her not to take advantage of others in vain. There is no free lunch in the world. She just needs a place to stay.

But I shook my head, no, I don't charge money!

I completely understand the treasures that grandpa mentioned, these are all! If I charge money, I will be violating the master's wishes and betraying my grandfather's kindness.