Day 19: Night In

Day 19: Night In.
Poppy and Branch have a chill night inside together on a slow rainy day.

Poppy made herself comfortable on the couch covering herself with a blanket in the process. Her and Branch were supposed to go out for a date night but it started raining so Branch decided that they would have a date night inside where it was warm and cozy. She wasn't disappointed that they had to stay Inside she loved spending time with Branch.

She saw Branch walk out of the kitchen holding a tray setting it down on the coffee table. She smiled at him. "What is all this?" Poppy asked her fiance who sat down next to her. "Well since we couldn't go out I figured we can make hot chocolate and some smores." Branch explained. He swore that he saw a smile on her face.

"Branch, I love smores." Poppy said happily. Branch gave her a quick kiss and started making her a smore. "Yeah, I know this is why I stock up on the ingredients just in case." He watched her take a sip of her hot chocolate. "Thank you for that." Poppy replied setting her drinks down and reach over for her now finished smore. "You're welcome." Branch said kissing her once more. "Come under the blanket we me." Poppy requests lifting the blanket up so he can cuddle up next to her.

He scooted next to her doing as she said. He could never say no to her. Once he did she layed her head on his shoulder feeling comfortable that he is with her. She felt him fiddle with her engagement ring which she cherishes a whole lot. Even though she says this a lot but she is glad that she'll be Branch's wife soon. She couldn't picture life without him and she never wanted to do so.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Branch softly kiss her forehead causing her to stir. "What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" He asked making sure that she was feeling okay. Poppy sighed happily. "Nothing much, just thinking about my future husband." She joked. "Oh, and who is your future husband?" He asked jokingly pretending that he didn't know the answer. Poppy rolled her eyes playfully. "It's you my little jar of pickles." Poppy answered. "Little jar of pickles?" Branch looked at her confused. Obviously she picked up the cheesey nicknames from him. "Don't be confused Branch, Last week you called me siamise kitten and that was even weirder!" Poppy exclaimed calling him out. "Alright, you got me good." Branch admitted defeat by her accusation that were true.

"Good." Poppy said happily taking another sip of her hot chocolate before leaning on Branch to get comfortable. But a question happened to linger in her mind that needed to be answered. She looked over to him. "So do you have any cute nicknames for our hypothetical future children?" Asked Poppy. They had spent the rest of the night inside talking about baby names they had in mind for the near future.

AN: That was Day 19: Night In
Next is Day 20: Wearing each other's clothes