Ice Skating

Branch and Poppy go ice skating for the first time. Wanted to do the era where they both have a crush on each other.

“No Poppy, there is no way I am going on that icy death trap.”

“Branch. Jeez get a grip. You’re such a baby.”

“I’m not a baby,” The teal blue troll snarls. “I just have enough common sense to not want to go on that–oh my god!”

The Pop Queen wraps her arms around Branch's waist and tries to drag him into the rink; he grabbed hold of the entrance, clinging onto it for dear life. Poppy on the other hand doesn’t give up, and soon enough they're hanging parallel to the ice. Branch's left hand slips, then his right, and he end up face down on ice.

“Whoops, sorry, Branch. But really, if you’d just skate with me, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Mnnnf,” Branch grumbled. Goodness why do trolls have this sort of thing. Branch placed his gloved hands on the ice and try to push himself up, but they slip and he just hit his already bruised nose again.

After numerous failed attempts on getting up on his own, Branch grudgingly accept Poppy's help and let her hoist him up. “Thanks. Even though it was you who brought me to this mfff–” Poppy's placed her hand over his mouth and is mimicking a babbling crocodile with the other.

“Blah blah blah is what I hear. This is supposed to be fun! Your grumpiness is why we can’t have nice things.” The female troll pouts and crosses her arms.

“My grumpiness is what’s keeping us both alive. Can we just ditch this place?” His feet are twisting awkwardly, pointing inwards, and it hurts a lot. Branch holds on the railing is the only thing keeping him upright. ”I’d even make chalk drawings with you if that’s what it takes.”

“That’s sweet, Branch.” Poppy makes a show of appearing flustered. “But no. We are skating even if I have to drag your grumpy ass over the entire rink.” She leans in so close to him, her lips are almost touching your ear. “You don’t want it to come to that, do you?” Poppy whispers.

“Psychotic blind girl.” Branch swat her away and pretend his face isn’t heating up by turning away from her.

This proves to be in vain as Poppy grabs his hands and twirls him around, making him dizzy and frankly, scared (though he'd never admit it) that the railing is no longer an arm’s reach away. “Why is the cute girl the one able to skate?” Poppy smiles sweetly.

“You’re just trying to kill me,” Branch say and wriggle out of her grasp. Poppy lets go easily and manages to skate perfectly, something he'd gape at in awe if he weren’t flailing his arms and concentrating on not falling, but he ended up landing on his bottom anyway.

“Oh my god, you really suck at this!” Poppy's circling him now. Branch tried to kick at her, but Poppy just jumps over his leg and lands gracefully on the other side.

“What the heck. This is annoying, you shouldn’t be able to be so good at this,” you say.

Poppy only cackles at him. “You know what sucks? Your suckyness at this. Hahahaha.”

Branch was determined to prove her wrong, to skate like there’s no tomorrow, but apparently paradox space decreed him be shitty at skating, so after many shenanigans not unlike the time Branch got trapped in Guy Diamond's cape, he scraped his cheek and bruised his arms. And he's still lying on ice.

“Branch, you're bleeding!”

He realize that somehow, his face bashing drew blood. “Oh, geez.” He wiped it off with his glove, which only draws Poppy closer. She’s crouching, nose directed towards him.

“Mmm, cherry red.”

“Mmm, you're weird.” Branch learned his lesson. He wouldn’t try to hit her, not when his hands are the only thing propping him up, and they’re already shaky. He tried to move, but he feels frozen. Poppy sighs and grabs his legs, dragging him face down towards who the heck knows where. His blood makes a trail on the ice.

Eventually his foot hits solid ground, and Poppy flips him over and pulls him up. He rubbed his sore back. “Are we done yet?”

“Not quite.” And with that Poppy kisses hid cheek. His cheeks flame, and Branch suddenly feel self-conscious.

“What the heck?”

“Oh, I know you liked it, Branch.” She winks at him and leaves him standing there at the entrance to the ice rink.

“Such a weirdo,” Branch say. But he touched his cheek with the dumbest smile on his face.