Goodbye Kisses

At the end of the day Branch and Poppy exchange a kiss before they head home.

It was a long day for the both of them. Branch had planned what he thought would be the most perfect picnic date for Poppy, but for him the universe decides that so many trolls were waiting in line for Biggie's lemonade and he and Poppy had to wait in line for 2 hours.

Once the couple made it to the front, Biggie revealed that Poppy had a queen pass and she didn't have to stay in a line. That revelation left Poppy very embarrassed because she forgot that she's able to do that, while he grumbled about it.

After they had finished their picnic, they went to the carnival and met up with Smidge and Milton for a double date. Branch had to admit that he did enjoy it a lot. They took pictures in the photo booth, went on rides, and played carnival games and won a teddy bear for Poppy. The best part was that he got to hold her hand the entire time which was super great.

A little while later, Poppy and Branch met with the rest of the Snack Pack for dinner and games night. They were over at Biggie's place where he made pizza for dinner. And obviously Mr. Dinkles picked out the board games, which happened to be scrabble. Branch didn't really understand how a worm beat everyone at this game but he just knew deep down Mr. Dinkles is a lot more intelligent than Biggie makes him out to be, he was super sure Poppy was thinking the same thing as well.

They played more games like Uno and Monopoly until Guy Diamond caused a fit by how broke he was even though he was the banker. It was the best game night that he's ever been to by how chaotic theirs friends were which for Poppy it was completely normal for her. But he was willing to do it again but this time at his bunker.

A little while later, they all decided that it was getting late and they needed to go home soon. The group of friends all bid farewell to each other and went back home to their pods. Branch took an opportunity to walk Poppy back to her own Pod which she gladly accepted.

"Thanks for walking me home." Poppy said very grateful for his chivalrous actions. Chilvary was coming back completely from this point on. Branch scratched the back of his head. "It's no problem, just making sure you get back home safe is the only thing I care about." Branch replied. The couple embraced in a hug goodbye which lasted a while before pulling away but still holding each other close looking into each other's eyes.

"Goodnight Branch." Poppy announced, but before she could leave, Branch decided to surprise her.His lips are on hers, firmly pressing against the plump softness of her own. Languid and slow, he takes his time to engulf her into the sweetest torture; just a pair of fingers pressing under her chin, head tilted to meet his height and the warmth of his tongue sweeping over her lower lip —gently and unapologetically resolved to, he’s setting her on fire.

She wasn't expecting this from him at all.Lazy fingers bury into the soft bronze strands on her nape, clutching her closer to him as her palms curl into balls against his shirt. Deep and reckless and extremely passionate in its torturous ease, he drowns her with sugary kisses and breathes new life into her, and she’s irrevocably lost in the bliss of his embrace.

Poppy stammers when their lips part, lingering heat burning her pink skin. Branch was really happy that he caught her off guard for once. "Goodnight Poppy." He smiled in response before kissing her forehead and walking away. He didn't notice she was still watching him leave until she couldn't see him anymore.

AN: Broppy is the best ship in the Trolls Franchise.