Day 23: Watching The Other Sleep

Whenever Branch can't Sleep he loves Watching his wife Sleep peacefully next to him.
"Now I wake up in the night and watch you breathe."

Branch stared at the ceiling for the past hour now and he couldn't sleep at all. He tried drinking warm milk, counting sheep, and asmr noise that would help but nothing was working for him.

He looked over at Poppy who was dead asleep. One thing about understanding Poppy was that nothing could wake her up and that she would sleep through anything. "Lucky" Branch said kind of jealous that she's sleeping peacefully. "Hm are you okay?" Poppy asked still sleeping peacefully. Another thing that he learned about Poppy was that she sleep talks. He often finds it intriguing that she can hold up a conversation and she wouldn't remember what they talked about the next day.

"I'm okay, I'm just having trouble falling asleep." He watched her to see if she'd open her eyes but they were kept closed but she looked concerned. "Have you tried counting sleeping?" She said as she was still asleep. "I've tried everything Poppy! I've tried warm milk as well but I just can't sleep." His outburst didn't wake her up which she was grateful for but he felt her put a hand on his arm. "Cuddle me." Poppy said giving him permission. He happily agreed with her decision and wrapped his arms around her body while she rested her head on his chest.

"Soft kitty..." Poppy sang but Branch quickly interrupted "Poppy don't you dare." He stopped her before she got any further. "Fine, you're no fun." She joked. They cuddled in silence for a while which they enjoy until Branch spoke up. "May I tell you something?" He asked while he gently rubbed her back making her very relaxed by his movements. "Sure go ahead." Poppy replied. He knows that she would most likely never remember what they would had talked about the next day but by if some miracle if she does remember he wouldn't deny it at all by all means. "I think the most comfortable thing that I love to do whenever I can't fall asleep is watching you sleep. It's comforting to know that you're alright and having good dreams."