Stomach Kisses

Poppy is sick so Branch decides to take care of her.

Branch made his way towards the shared bedroom he and Poppy sleep in holding a tray of Bread and chicken noodle soup for Poppy.

The other day it was visibly clear that she was getting a cold by the way she was talking. Today she woke up with the flu and a stomach bug that she couldn't get out of bed.

He and Smidge had to do morning announcements for her and obviously they asked where there queen was. Obviously Smidge calmed them down and told them that Branch would be the one taking care of her, and that eventually put the trolls at ease.This was the only way to avoid a "Poppy 911" as Poppy liked to call it.

"Hey Poppy, I have your soup." Branch said in a soft voice to wake her up. The Queen Pop Troll's eyes fluttered open to look at him, she slowly sat up from the bed to get comfortable. "Oh Branch if I wasn't so sick I would kiss you!" She replied happily even though she didn't have much energy at the moment. Branch shook his head in disgust but amusement. "I'm glad because I don't want to kiss you when you're sick." Branch responded as he handed her the food.

He noticed Poppy wanted to say something but she decided to ignore his comment but instead she started eating. He sat by end of the bed to watch her just to make sure she was feeling better, they both knew that he would always worry about her whenever she was feeling under the weather but deep down he knows that Poppy was very honored that he would go such great lengths to take care of her whenever that time came.

Poppy cleared her throat catching his attention. "Are you okay?" Branch asked, freaking out inside. He didn't even notice that his girlfriend was finished eating. "I'm good, Usually I dislike it whenever someone watches me eat but since I'm sick I didn't really care." Poppy joked as she handed him back the tray.

"I'm glad that you are feeling better it seems." Branch praised her. "Yeah buddy if you count feeling like crap as starting to feel better." Poppy sighed in disappointment. "I want to be cuddled but I really don't want to get you sick." Poppy crossed her arms super upset by her outcome.

Branch didn't like seeing her this upset but he started to notice how she was groaning in pain which worried him. "Are you okay, what's wrong?" He asked not hiding how worried he was about her. "Don't mind me, I just have a stomach ache. " Poppy replied as she gave him a smile that tells him not to worry about her. He still had the right to worry about her.

He went up to her to hold her hand for support before lifting her shirt up a bit to plant a warm kiss above her belly button. He knows that it won't make her feel better in the long run but he just wanted to make her feel better.

He noticed her eyes were fighting to stay awake but her tiredness was winning. "I love you Branch, thanks for taking care of me." Poppy thanked him as she fell asleep.

"You're welcome. " Branch responded as he planted a kiss on her forehead before covering her with a blanket. In sickness and in health he promised to take care of her forever even though they're not married yet he still promised to do It.