Rainy Days

Branch tries to keep Poppy entertained on a rainy day.

Branch's vision gazes over at Poppy who is blankly staring out the window looking at the rain pouring down. He felt bad because she was always looking forward to going outside and meeting friends along the way.

Luckily he knew his girlfriend so well that he knows what to do to keep her busy in situations like this. "Poppy" He cleared his throat causing all her attention to go towards him. "What's up?" She asked as she smiled at him. "Would you like to make a homemade pizza with me?" Branch asked, holding the pack of pizza dough and Sprinkled Cheese in her field of vision. He didn't really need an answer as she was already bouncing up and down excitedly making her towards him. She tackled him into a hug which he happily embraced her. He would make sure that she would have the best day ever and he would make it special for her no matter what.

A little while later as they wait for the Pizza to bake, Branch decided to do his next step in his plan. As she sat in their living room waiting for him to come back, he finally found what he needed and put the game in front of her. It was her favorite game "would you rather". He knew that she loved that game and bought it for her to make her happy.

Her eyes widened staring at the game at the table and back to him. "Are you serious?" She gasped in disbelief. He nodded his head in response, causing the Queen troll to pat the seat next to her so that he could sit next to her. She really wanted to play the game with him.

She excitedly open the card game. "Do you want to go first or should I do it?" He asked. "I'll go first." She answered back while picking a card. "Would you rather be able to fly? Or be Invisible?" She read the card out loud to him, waiting for his answer. She didn't have to wait so long because he instantly knew what his answer was. "Be invisible." He responded, but he knew she was going to ask why. "You know that I'm an introllvert." Poppy nodded as he picked up a card for him to read. "Would you rather have a friend who is really fun to be with but not really nice or have a friend who is really boring but really kind?" Poppy smiled a bit. "A friend who is boring but kind." Branch looked up from the card. "Are you sure? Is that your final answer?" Branch asked. "Of course, because you were that friend and I love you." Poppy smiled lovenly at him before getting confused in thought. "Or were you the other option?" Branch just grinned at her. He might as well take that as a compliment.

The couple played for three more rounds until they heard the timer of the oven go off indicating that the pizza was ready for them. They decided to take a break from the game and enjoy their food. "I'm glad that I get to live with you for the rest of my life." Poppy confessed breaking their comfortable silence. "Even if I have no other place to go to when I'm mad at you." She continued, causing him to laugh.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, pulling her close to him cuddling in the process. "I feel great, thanks for asking. I'm having a great day thanks to you." She replied kissing him on the cheek. Branch knew he completed his goal. "Good, I didn't want the rain to ruin your day. "He said enjoying the warmth between them. "Oh, I love rainy days, I get to be inside with you in your arms." The couple spent the rest of the day inside cuddling on the couch, listening to the rain pouring down from the outside.

AN: It's currently rainy where I'm at and so I was inspired to make this.