Day 28: Doing Something Together

Poppy finally gets to use the kitchen again. So Poppy and Branch decided that they could bake Brownies together.

Poppy never thought this day would happen. She had been using her easy bake oven for a few months now due to more than a few accidental fires in the kitchen causing Branch to strip her kitchen privileges and giving her an easy bake oven so she can take time to get back into the swing of things.

So now she was in the kitchen with Branch who was supervising her every movement. "Now remember not to leave any egg shells in the mix." Poppy rolled her eyes at his comment. She carefully cracked the egg that she was using that ended up in the battle perfectly. She cracked another egg doing the same way as before and she was very successful with it. "Hey, this one had twins." She exclaimed excitedly at her progress so far while she stirred the battle until it turned into chocolate.

Once she smoothed it out and put it in the oven, she turned to branch who was proudly watching her. "I'm so wifey material aren't I?" Poppy jumped up and down in excitement only for Branch to hold on to her waistline so she wouldn't cause an earthquake which was possible. "I'm really proud of you." Poppy smiled at his compliment. "So how proud are you of me?" Poppy asked wanting to be showered with compliments by her husband. He didn't even say much after that which she was fine with as she got something so much better from it. He reached up and held her cheek and kissed her deeply which she was hypnotized by just his touch. The couple stayed like that for a few more minutes before pulling away from each other but not letting each other go. Breaking the silence, Poppy was the one who spoke first. "Hm, so what you're telling me is that if I succeed in this you get to compliment me more?" She asked playfully while resting her hand on his chest. Branch rolled his eyes playfully before kissing her forehead. "If you clean up first then you'll get something special." He pointed at the counter that was a mess needing to be cleaned up. Poppy sighed in disappointment while branch watched her with a smirk on his face.

Once the counter was cleaned up, Poppy sat on it much to Branch's annoyed expression that was on his face which she found funny. He still made his way towards her until she felt like she was trapped but not in an overwhelming way as if felt very comforting that he was here. "I'm glad that we're doing this together." Poppy said resting her forehead on his while running her fingers through his hair. "I love getting to spend time with you all the time." Poppy smiled but laughed as she thought of something funny. "What's so funny?" Branch asked curiously but wasn't prepared for what she was about to say. "Just thought that you only love to spend time with me when my legs are spread out for you." Poppy couldn't help but laugh hard at him reaction. His face was as red as a tomato. He wanted to say something but he couldn't form any words out of shock.

Her laughter died down a little while Branch recovered by his embarrassment. "I know you love me just for me and not just my body. But you're an amazing friend and husband and I am grateful that I married you." Poppy gently kissed his nose. "I glad you feel that way towards me as well. I know you feel the same way about me. I also love how whenever I'm deep inside of you, you always say my name louder and louder which is a sign that you really enjoy that." Now it was his turn to laughed and her turn for her to be left speechless and embarrassed by his comment.

The timer to the oven went off which meant that it was time to take the brownies out to cool off. They waited a few more minutes for the brownies to cool down and once it was done, Branch cut out a piece for both of them. "So what do you think?" Poppy asked her husband with anticipation in her voice. She was satisfied with the answer she got.

"Congratulations Poppy, you are now aloud to officially use our kitchen." Poppy squealed as she grabbed Branch's face giving him a celebratory kiss for her achievements. She honestly felt like she graduated from school even though she hasn't been in school for a long time. "Can I also still use the easy bake oven?" Poppy asked feeling a little upset. "You can do whatever you want." Branch replied as he gently grabbed her cheek pulling her in for another kiss. Poppy had never felt more victorious until now.

Day 28: Doing Something Together
Next Day 29: Picnic