I'll Be There to Catch You

Branch and Poppy share a sweet moment while on a date.

Poppy was in a really good mood. Of course she spent the whole day singing and playing fun games with her friends and the entire village but nothing could top a cute picnic date that her boyfriend Branch had prepared for them.

The Queen Pop troll felt like she was on cloud nine whenever she was around him, she was in love and it felt right to her. Now their arms were wrapped around each other, he had offered to walk her home and she accepted his offer, she loved how he's always looking out for her.

She took a moment to see her surrounding when she noticed a beautiful sight that caught her eyes. She quickly shook her date to catch his attention. "Branch, look at the sunset!" Poppy exclaimed excitedly at the beautiful scenery clearly mesmerized. Branch chuckled a bit. "Would you like to watch it together?"

He asked, motioning her to sit on the nearest tree Branch so she could get comfortable. She gave him a heartwarming smile when he sat down next to her. She rested her head on his shoulder while their hands entertwined with one another. They watched as the sun slowly went down, it was like she was living the hallmark movie life but this time she was starring in her own movie. She silently laughed at her funny hallmark joke.

Poppy turned her head to check on Branch, the moment she looked at him, she noticed Branch quickly averting his eyes to make it seem like he hadn't been starring at her for a while. But he then looked back at her still hoping that he wasn't caught starring. Branch took an arm and wrapped it around her waist before leaning in and pressing a kiss against her lips.

Poppy for a moment was a bit surprise, but quickly returned the kiss. She knew Branch was usually hesitant to make the first move but she loved when he gets the courage so she doesn't really make a scene so he wouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed. Once they broke apart from the kiss, they went back to watching the sunset. Poppy on the other hand couldn't get the kiss out of her head, most of her thought were mostly thinking about Branch the entire time and it was currently driving her crazy in a good way.

Her thoughts were soon to be interrupted when Branch spoke up. "That was a beautiful sight." She was confused at first until she realized the sun has set. "Uh, yeah I'm glad that I get to spend time watching the sun set with my favorite troll in the world." Poppy replied as she giggled with joy. He held out his hand so he could pick her up from the ground floor. They basically held onto each other not wanting to let go. Poppy sighed as she stared into Branch's mesmerizing eyes that always left he in some sort of trance.

"Hey Branchifer!" Branch looked at her. "Yes Poppifer?" Branch asked smiling at her. Poppy thought about saying what she wanted to say for a moment until she made her decision. She took a deep breath and sighed. "I love you Branch!" She felt butterflies in her stomach just saying that to him. "And I love you Poppy." He replied giving her a kiss on her hand. His response made her so happy that she ended up in her bliss state. "Oh Branch, would it be weird if I faint?" She asked. "Too late it's happening!" She said. And she did. But luckily Branch is always there to catch when she falls. And he knows that she'll always do the same for him.

Based on This cute book