This is Our Place

Branch and Poppy take the next step and move into a place of their own. It's not what they expected but it's worth it in the end.

Branch huffed as he carried the last box of Poppy's belongings to their newly shared home that was now theirs forever.

He didn't realize Moving would be such a complicated process until he did it himself. His eyes gazed over at his girlfriend who looked like she was in the middle of playing charades. Branch raised an eyebrow at her and cleared his throat to catch his girlfriend's attention. "Poppifer, what are you doing?" He interrogated her but didn't get an answer. Instead she told him to sit in the middle of an empty pod that was full of their essential things they needed.

"Huh, I was just picturing where our dinning room table should go." Poppy smiled as they gazed lovenly in each other's eyes. They both couldn't believe that they were finally living together. It was like a dream come true for both of them. "We don't have to do this you know." Poppy sighed, speaking in a calm voice. "You won't have to leave behind your bunker if that's what you. I support your decision no matter what." Poppy analyzed his face waiting for him to quickly accept the idea.

His eyes stared softly into hers as he took her hand. "Poppy, I'm ready for this." Branch replied making his voice sound confident as possible. To be fair, he was the one who asked her to move in together but not in his bunker or her Pod. He had a conversation with Spruce about how special it was when him and Brandy had officially moved in together. It was basically a rite of passage in a relationship. All he wanted was to start a life with Poppy and experience every milestone they go through together and maybe marry her and grow their family. He wanted her and her only.

"I only want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you." He took hold of her hand and kissed it before standing up on looking at his surroundings.

He then held out his hand for Poppy to grab so he could lift her off the ground. Branch grabbed her waist while She held on to his arms, both seemed to have the same idea going on in their mind.

"Are you ready to fix up our new home?" Branch asked as he saw Poppy's eyes glistened with excitement as she giggled. "You know that I'm always born ready." Poppy's hand was on the back of Branch's neck, pulling him into a kiss. Kisses that he'll cherish forever once they move in and officially call each other their home.