Day 22: Making Fun of One Another

Just Branch and Poppy annoying each other by existing.

Branch felt something wasn't right. It was quiet. A little too quiet which means Poppy was up to something which he needed to stop before she gets into trouble.

He decided that he should look around for her, curiously wanting to know what his wife was up to. He found her hiding in the bedroom closet working on something. He didn't know what she was doing nor did he want to know but he just couldn't help himself. "Poppy what are you doing?" He asked. Poppy looked over at him direction, she smiled at her husband making him smile as well. "I suddenly had a great idea." Poppy said grabbing her husband's hand as he helped her up from the floor.

The couple made their way to the bed and sat down. "Okay now tell me what's your great idea." Branch asked ready to listen to what Poppy thought of. He always thought she has some good ideas even if whatever she thinks is a good idea was atrocious. Poppy happily bounced on the bed a few times with excitement before grabbing Branch's hands and swinging them. "You know how ponchos exists?" Poppy started. Branch raised an eyebrow confused on why she was bringing it up. "Yeah?" She kept going. "And you know how curtains exists?" Poppy asked again. Now Branch nodded but now didn't want to know where this was going. "What if we combine them together as a comfy way to relax." "So what do you think?" Branch thought about it for a moment and sighed. "Poppy what made you decide that combining a poncho with a curtain was a really good idea?"

Poppy looked at him offended. "Branch I already made the out, I think it looks good." Poppy ran back into the closet to wear her invention that she was excited about. Branch didn't mean to offend her but he often wondered if she was dropped on her head when she was a baby. He'd have to ask King Peppy about that. Although if she was he still found her enthusiasm very endearing.

His thoughts were soon interrupted when Poppy walked out wearing her poncho curtain dress and he was speechless. It was the weirdest thing he'd ever looked at but at the same time she looked really good wearing it. After a few minutes of processing what was in front of him, he finally spoke out.

"Poppy, you look like an oompa loompa dressed up for a play as the snowflake in a production musical." Branch blurted out not really sure if he was making sense of what he was describing. Poppy pouted, "Come on! It looks good." She said crossing her arms even though the outfit was too big that you couldn't really tell at all. Branch went over to comfort her. "Poppy you look very good wearing it. Maybe you can have Satin and Chenille make some adjustments and it would look a lot better." Branch said admiring her before kissing her forehead and pulled her into a hug.

Poppy sighed happily as they hugged. "You're so weird that you love me." Poppy laughed now realizing how ridiculous her situation is looking right now. "Hey, I married you for a reason. Besides I think that you look hot in it." Branch said lifting her spirits. They shared a quick kiss. "So what other ideas do you have?" Poppy looked at him excitedly before pushing him on the bed and quickly running to get her list of ideas that she has. They spent the entire evening comparing notes on what was good and what was bad.

An: Day 22: Making Fun of One Another
Next Day 23: Watching The Other Sleep
Sorry I didn't post the other day. Went out Christmas shopping and was too tired to write.