First Days : Part 30

Aonung watches him struggle to find something that satisfies him as much as the exclusive he first laid eyes on. He really isn't sure why Neteyam is trying to fool himself into believing he wants anything other than the top with the built in hood. So, he walks over to said top, looking at its price.

Neteyam notices and is quick to comment.

Neteyam- Not that one, the price is ridiculous.

Aonung- Well, it is an exclusive. Won't find another like it.

Neteyam- Then whoever ends up with it is very fortunate.

He continues to look elsewhere, refusing to want such an expensive thing.

Aonung- Guess you're pretty damn fortunate tonight then, forest boy.

Neteyam- How?

He looks back at him, and sees Aonung taking the top down.

Neteyam- What are you doing?

He's ignored as the marine boy heads for the register. Neteyam quickly runs after him, and grabs onto his arm before he can hand the item to the cashier.

Neteyam- Aonung, no.

Aonung- But this is the one you like.

Neteyam- No, it's too expensive.

Aonung- Not for me.

Neteyam- Yes, for you. I can't have you wasting all that money on me.

The cashier ladies glance at each other smirking, and Aonung holds a finger up at one telling her to wait as he discusses things with Neteyam.

Aonung- I'm not wasting my money, I'm making a thoughtful purchase.

Neteyam- Thoughtfully purchase something cheaper.

Aonung- No, you want this one. It's not a waste, ya'know.

Neteyam- But-

Aonung- Helping you out is practically my job these days, so just let me do it.

Neteyam almost continues to protest, but he can tell Aonung is tired of him doing so. He looks off to the side.

Neteyam- Fine.

Aonung smirks and hands the top to the cashier. The other ladies start snickering, and smiling at the Omatikayan boy. Once the purchase is made with a swipe of Aonung's golden card, the cashier takes the tag off and hands it to Neteyam telling him to try it on.

He looks at Aonung, who gestures to one of the wall mirrors close by, so he walks over to it.

As he takes off his thick necklace, placing it in his pouch, the cashier ladies seem to gather in wait.

He pulls the top over his head, sliding his arms into the loose sleeves. Then he clasps the neckpiece in place in the back, feeling it hug his neck comfortably. He parts his braids in the back, bringing his hair forward to place on his shoulders and out of the way. Then he pulls the hood on.

He momentarily looks down at himself, then up into the mirror, pleased with the expensive purchase. He turns to face Aonung and the cashiers.

The girls clap and give compliments, making the side of his mouth curl bashfully as he holds onto his hood. It's his favorite part of the entire thing.