Dark Days : Part 18

When they reach the building entrance, they begin to feel the intensity of the basses inside, and it makes Neteyam smirk. Most loud banging or booming noises cause him to have flashbacks, but something about music is different.

He likes parties, only because the music is always so intense, and he loves to let the rhythms control his body and lose himself in it. But for now, he's on a mission.

Lo'ak starts bouncing with excitement as they walk through the loud and crowded place. Tables in one area, booths in another, and an enormous dance floor. He laughs at his brother, knowing he just wants to go out and dance, but can't let him just yet.

Neteyam- Stay focused, Lo'ak. Find Niráli.

Lo'ak- There she is.

He points to a particularly large crowd on the floor, no doubt a dance circle. Niráli looks to the side, which allows Neteyam to recognize her. She's wearing a golden jeweled top, and her skirt has long bedazzled fringe, flowing elegantly when she walks.

She's with two other friends, smiling together as they talk about the people dancing in the middle before moving further into the crowd.

Lo'ak- Looks like she's into guys that can dance.

Neteyam- Let's scope out the competition then.

They walk out onto the dance floor, then boldly push their way through the crowd to see the middle. Once at the center, they see up to six guys trying to show off. Niráli stands with her arms crossed commenting with her friends, still smiling but not being swooned in the least. Lo'ak shakes his head at the other boys.

Lo'ak- What are these guys doing? That one keeps making cringy faces. That one is dancing like he rehearsed it. That one is a one trick pony. That one is too stiff. That one is barely moving. And I don't even know what the hell that one is doing.

Neteyam tilts his head at the one flopping on the floor.

Neteyam- The noodle.

Lo'ak- You mean the worm?

Neteyam- No, I know what the worm looks like. That is the noodle.

They both laugh as the boy continues to do the same thing, but notice their target becoming uninterested.

Lo'ak- Oh shit, she's about to leave.

Neteyam- Then make her stay.

Lo'ak- What?

Neteyam- Give her a show. You're good at that.

Lo'ak- But you're supposed to-

Neteyam- You're a people person, Lo'ak, that automatically makes you a better choice than me. Now get out there.

He pushes his brother into the center, and laughs when he gets flustered by the eyes that immediately fall on him because he almost tripped. Niráli and her friends turn and start making their way out of the circle.

Neteyam- Hurry, bro. Be cool, you've got this.