First Nights : Part 1

It's a light rainy Friday, but on the warmer side. Wednesday, it was decided the Sully kids were ready to move on to the Gen 2 courses in the next building.

It was disappointing to Tsireya, since she enjoyed learning with them, but once they got the basics down Mr. Fore suggested they move on before falling too far behind in their own Gen.

It's no secret the Omatikayan kids are fast learners.

As Aonung focused more on helping Neteyam, he found the boy was able to do much more than he did Monday. He still isn't good with diving on his own, since being underwater still bothers him, but he's able to go for a bit if Aonung rides the Ilu with him.

Same goes for hunting in the water, he does it relatively well if Aonung is with him.

Yesterday, Aonung led them all to the Gen 2 building for the first time. Course 1 is Ilu Racing, in the pool. It seems like just a game, but it helps build the skill of remaining on one's Ilu at fast speeds.

Course 2 is Diving, but in the obstacle course. It builds the maneuvering abilities, and strengthens focus, while also testing one's breath hold.

Course 3 is the same as it is for Gen 1, Hunting inside, just in a bigger space.

Naturally, in Course 1, Lo'ak was the first to hop on an Ilu and speed across the insanely large pool, and also naturally, he fell off. But that never stops him from trying again.

Kiri decided to take things slower, starting at a pace she knows she can handle, before speeding up.

Neteyam wouldn't even step foot into the pool until Aonung did so, and wouldn't climb onto his Ilu unless he was sure Aonung would go with.

The obvious attachment puzzled Kiri, but Lo'ak is aware that Aonung is his brother's security in the water. He only wonders if Neteyam will ever grow out of that, as does Aonung. But for the week he's supposed to spend helping him, he doesn't mind if he leans on him completely for support.

Today, however, as Aonung helps Neteyam in the second course of the day, he doesn't see any signs of him attempting to accomplish anything on his own.

He doesn't mind helping him, but this is the last day he can do so, next week he starts back his own courses. He isn't worried about Kiri or Lo'ak at all, they've been pretty confident and independent since the start, but Neteyam's dependance on him will surely hold the boy back once he's gone.