Dark Nights : Part 8

Later on, after dinner, Neteyam leaves the house to visit Aonung, which also leaves his father in trouble with his mother, for letting him go when he's in trouble. It's always amusing when that happens, but he couldn't stay long to watch or he might've been kept home.

He heads onto the highway, not feeling nearly as uneasy as he used to. He's gotten pretty good with his skimwing, but he can't make it look as easy as Aonung does.

Soon he reaches the familiar stream leading onto their private property, and rides around the circular platform. He dismounts his skimwing, then goes up the stairs onto the porch, where the guards instantly let him in.

As he enters, one closes the door behind him, and he immediately spots Ronal in the living room with Tsireya and the new addition in a pink onesie. He walks over to greet them, and meet the small girl in Ronal's arms.

Ronal- Neteyam, hello dear.

She smiles at him as he approaches, and pats the spot on the couch next to her. He sits down, and looks at the bright eyed baby girl.

Neteyam- She's so cute. Lo'ak would do backflips just to hold her.

Ronal- (laughs)

Neteyam- What's her name?

Ronal- Rain, since she was born on a stormy night.

He gently caresses the baby's chubby cheek as she stares up at him.

Neteyam- Hey, Rain.

She yawns in response, making him chuckle.

Neteyam- Lo'ak is definitely gonna love her, but I'll make sure he doesn't run off with her.

Ronal- (laughs) Feel free to come see her anytime, you're family after all.

He looks up at Ronal with a tilt of his head, which makes Tsireya laugh.

Tsireya- I told her about you and Aonung's little relationship reveal in the cafeteria this morning.

Neteyam- Oh.

A small bashful smile appears on his face.

Neteyam- Speaking of, where is he?

Ronal- In the pool room.

He stands from the couch, but Ronal clears her throat and he looks down at her, seeing a smirk on her face.

Ronal- Avoid experimenting until he's completely healed, okay.

She playfully winks at him, making Tsireya giggle at what she's referring to, but one bit has Neteyam confused.

Neteyam- Fully healed? Is he hurt somewhere?

The girls' faces quickly drop as they exchange a look. Tsireya stands and walks over to him from the other couch.

Tsireya- He didn't tell you what happened?

He starts to think maybe the boy was harmed earlier without him knowing.

Neteyam- When?

Tsireya- Friday night.

His confused expression turns into a frown.

Neteyam- What happened?

She glances at her mother, who nods for her to tell. With the kind of relationship they're now in, Neteyam needs to know. She whispers, explaining the sight she walked in on that night, and the state it left Aonung in. His heart drops at the mention of blood, and he begins to feel his own boil. He takes a breath, thanking Tsireya for telling him before he walks off.

Aonung pleaded for him to keep his cool and not be riled up by Rotxo's doings, but the thought of somebody making his ally bleed makes him want to hurt someone, specifically Haeda.

He wishes he could say that he's surprised Aonung kept that to himself, but he isn't, and knows the boy would've hid what happened today as well if he hadn't been there. It makes him wonder how far he would've let those boys go had he not intervened.

He needs to put a stop to this, but that undoubtedly means putting a stop to Rotxo, which he knows Aonung would keep him from doing. But he has to do something before worse things happen. He can't let them attack his ally without firing back, even if he does so by himself. So what will he do? Go on a solo mission, performing his own magic act in the dark, so that when light shines again, it reveals his masterpiece.

Rotxo has started a war with the wrong enemy, and he'll make sure the boy is aware of that.

This ends tonight.

For now, however, he must conceal his anger. He'll focus on enjoying his time with his favorite marine boy, but for what he's planning, he'll need to have Aonung out of the way. If he lets on anything he's thinking, it'll make Aonung suspicious, and he probably wouldn't let him leave after that. He'll simply do his best to play it cool until something comes to mind.