Dark Days : Part 21

Yar and Neteyam are just past a few others, but not too deep so they can maintain some breathing space. Yar starts moving a bit, but Neteyam doesn't seem to be on the same page.

Yar- Neteyam, you're standing still.

Neteyam- I'm aware.

Yar- Well are you gonna dance?

Neteyam- Sure, just give me a second.

He fidgets a bit, remembering what his father said. He doesn't want to go overboard, despite the fact that he wants to just let loose, but Yar standing there watching and waiting for him to dance is making him nervous.

Neteyam- Turn around.

Yar- What?

Neteyam- Just do it, and count to ten, quietly.

He gives him a confused look, but then begins to smirk.

Yar- So you're a shy dancer?

Neteyam- No, but-

Yar- Oh you need me to coax you a little bit?

Neteyam- Maybe.

Neteyam plays along with the flirtatious tone. Yar chuckles as the music does another switch, granting them a fun beat. He grabs both of Neteyam's hands, pulling him towards him a bit, but maintaining a good distance.

Yar- We can just 2-step then, until you're comfortable with me.

Neteyam- Alright.

Yar starts adding a little flare to his step, chuckling a bit as he starts to have fun. Neteyam begins to smile, loosening up and adding extra moves, because he isn't the shy dancer Yar thinks he is.

Being led rather than leading always makes him unsure when he thinks about it, perhaps because he's more masculine in nature than he seems from the outside, but at the end of the day, he doesn't mind it.

He just enjoys the music, moving more and more, until he dances right out of Yar's grip, exciting the boy a bit.

Lo'ak smiles as the girls start getting excited while watching Neteyam steadily giving himself to the music.

Both he and Yar take a moment to just jump with the beat, laughing and having fun with it, before going back to doing a few moves. Yar holds his arms out towards Neteyam, beckoning him his way.

Neteyam smirks at him but doesn't grant his wish just yet, because he's currently doing his own thing. When he starts to roll his lean body, the girls cheer for him, though he can't hear them past the music, and has no clue they're watching.

Yar- Hell yeah! Show me those moves, baby. Come here.

He finally decides to step right up to Yar, allowing the boy to rest his hands on his waist while he lets his body do as the music commands. A distance away, at a certain marine boy's table, Rotxo suddenly laughs and taps Haeda's shoulder. They each look out and immediately see Neteyam's dark blue figure dancing against Yar's lighter one.

Rotxo- Look at your guppy, Aonung.

Aonung looks to where he's pointing, and his eyes widen a bit.

Rotxo- That little whore, look at him.

Haeda- Makes me wanna throw him some bills.

Rotxo- I mean he is workin' that ass. You go guppy.

They laugh together, finding it amusing for some reason, but Aonung isn't amused at all. He's wondering who the boy with Neteyam is, and how well he can take a hit, because as of right now, he's in need of a new punching bag.

Meanwhile, Yar dances happily with Neteyam, unaware of the death stare that's being aimed at him. Even if he was aware, though, he wouldn't care in this moment. As Neteyam lifts his arms up, he turns around and sways, leaning his back closely into Yar.

Quin- Damn he's seductive.

Tifa- Right, he makes me wanna go dance.

Quin- Let's go.

Tifa- Okay. Nira, you coming with?

Niráli- Uh . . .

She glances at Lo'ak's serious expression. He's clutching his glass, already finished with his drink, but hasn't said anything for a while.

Niráli- I'll sit with Lo'ak, you guys go ahead.

Her friends walk off as she turns to Lo'ak with a bit of concern.

Niráli- Lo'ak?

Lo'ak- Hm?

He doesn't take his eyes off the dance floor.

Niráli- Are you okay? . . . Lo'ak?

He doesn't respond, so she turns her attention back to his brother, wondering why he's acting so strangely about it.

Neteyam has turned back around, facing Yar as they both grind against each other. Which is what his father told him not to do. He slides his hands up Yar's chest shamelessly. Which is also against what his father told him. But as his arms wrap around the boy's shoulders, not caring about anything else at the moment, his lips collide with Yar's. Yet another thing his father told him not to do.

The glass cup shatters within Lo'ak's suddenly tightened grasp, cutting his hands.

The guys at Aonung's table holler for a moment, drawing his attention back up to the blue boy he stopped himself from watching, but his heart drops at this new sight. He almost can't believe his eyes. Neteyam. His Neteyam, kissing and rubbing against this stranger.

Rotxo- Looks like he actually took your advice.

He turns to Aonung with amusement, but the boy is no longer there. His amusement fades immediately as he looks around wondering where his date disappeared to. When he looks back out at the dance floor, the older Sully boy and his partner are gone as well.

At Lo'ak's table, Niráli frantically cleans the blood from his hands and searches for any shards of glass that might linger in them.

Niráli- Lo'ak, what's wrong? Seriously. You're scaring me.

He doesn't respond to her, and with Neteyam and Yar out of sight, he stares down at the floor. She pulls a handkerchief out of her clutch and wraps the worst of his hands with it.

She doesn't know what's wrong with him, and she doesn't know him so she has no clue how to handle him. Then a thought comes to mind. His sister.