First Nights : Part 4

The course soon ends, and the next one as well. Aonung has been relatively quiet, only speaking when he needed to during the third course.

He's upset, no doubt about it, and he knows exactly why. Thinking he and the older Sully boy were friends made things seem more fun, and less like a chore, but seeing that Neteyam wasn't thinking the same way reminded him that it was just a job.

Sure the week is at its end, and he isn't obligated to help Neteyam next week, but he's already promised to give him extra training, and unfortunately he isn't one to go back on his word, so he can't flake.

He doesn't dislike Neteyam now or resent him irrationally in any way, he's just confused by him, and doesn't know how to figure him out.

When they go for lunch, Kiri meets up with Tsireya, and her new friend from Gen 1, Faygo, while Neteyam and Lo'ak sit with Aonung and his friends.

Neteyam mainly does so to be around his brother and Aonung, but Lo'ak has gotten attached to Rotxo this week. Which is something Aonung has overlooked, because his attention has been mainly focused on Neteyam. Mainly because Neteyam keeps it that way.

As Zanin and Xenji hold the conversation, Aonung doesn't say much, only laughing when he finds something funny. Neteyam remains quiet, which is normal for him, he just listens to the conversations without much input.

After the two classroom courses, school ends for the day, and the first thing on everyone's mind is what they'll do over the weekend.

As two chauffeurs take the kids back home, racing through the stream, Tsireya decides to voice an idea she's had for a while.

Tsireya- Does anyone already have plans for the weekend?

Lo'ak- Yeah, Sunday I'm going out with a friend.

Tsireya- So tomorrow is free?

Lo'ak- Yup.

Tsireya- Great! Let's go to the mall.

Lo'ak- You wanna take us shopping?

Tsireya- The mall is fun! Plus I've been saving up for a while.

Kiri- I'm down. Are we taking Tuk?

Tsireya- Of course, I'll even buy for her if you want.

Kiri- Thanks, but I'll handle it.

Tsireya looks to her brother, who doesn't seem to be paying attention, just watching the sights zoom by.

Tsireya- Aonung.

Aonung- Hm?

He looks at her, snapping out of his thoughts.

Tsireya- Are you coming to the mall with us tomorrow?

Aonung- Oh, yeah sure.

Lo'ak- I'm down too, and Neteyam doesn't have a choice, I'll drag him with if I have to.

Neteyam- Why?

Lo'ak- You're always wearing that same top now, you need some new clothes.

Tsireya- I can get you some new things.

Neteyam- No, that isn't necessary, I'll buy something for myself.

Tsireya- Okay. We're leaving first thing, to make sure we're back in time for dinner, so rest up tonight.

Lo'ak- No problem there.

They laugh a bit at Lo'ak. He falls asleep very easily, but is almost impossible to wake.