Dark Nights : Part 9

As he strolls down the hall and into the pool room, he feels his anger quickly fade into the background at the sight of Aonung in the pool. His hair is loose, and he slides it from his face as he dives under again. Neteyam feels himself beginning to smile as he walks up to the edge, as if he wasn't just infuriated beyond belief.

He squats down, and slides into the water near the deep end, where Aonung prefers to swim. His vision clears, and he sees Aonung swimming towards him with a smile. He faces upwards and swims backward as Aonung moves to swim above him, facing downward and meeting his gaze. They stay under for a while, then resurface, with Neteyam taking a small gasp.

Aonung faces him with a wide smile, looking like he hasn't seen him in forever.

Aonung- So what brings you here?

He holds his hands up to Aonung's face, then slides some curls behind his ears on both sides.

Neteyam- Just checking on you.

Aonung- Oh, well I'm fine. Still in trouble though, for missing a course.

Neteyam- Same.

Aonung- How'd you get them to let you leave the house?

Neteyam- My dad.

Aonung- Ah, should've known.

He continues to play with the marine boy's hair, making him chuckle.

Aonung- How long are you staying?

Neteyam- Mmm, as long as you want.

Aonung- Stay the night?

He thinks for a moment, knowing he'd anger his mother if he stayed away overnight without consulting her first. But, in his defense, if he had consulted her for anything he would've been stuck at the house still.

Neteyam- Okay.

Aonung- Great, let's go get cleaned up.

They swim to the edge and exit the water. Neteyam shakes a bit, flinging the heavier droplets off of him. They walk down the hall, and Aonung asks the butler to wipe up the trail of water they created. His mother had gotten on him about the fact that he doesn't just dry off in the pool room before leaving. His excuse was that he always forgets to bring his towel.

They head up the spiral staircase and into Aonung's room. The boy turns and looks at him after closing the door, then smirks.

Aonung- So, how do you feel about showering with me?

Neteyam- I feel like I'll wait my turn.

He chuckles when Aonung pouts at him, and is surprised when the boy doesn't beg as he usually does.

Aonung- I have my own bathroom, but if you don't wanna wait for me you can use the guest one down the hall.

Neteyam- I think I'll do just that.

Aonung- Okay. There's an extra anything in there so you'll have everything you need.

Neteyam- Alright.

He leaves the room and goes down the hall to the large guest bathroom. As he prepares for a shower, an idea suddenly comes to mind.