First Nights : Part 13

They take about half an hour to decide where they'll eat, then another thirty minutes ordering and waiting for their food. When their meals finally arrive at their rounded table, Lo'ak almost leaps with joy.

Tsireya is next to Kiri, who's next to Tuktirey. Lo'ak is next to his baby sister, with Aonung next to him, then Neteyam is between the Metkayina siblings.

Lo'ak and Tuktirey got a lot of sweet things to go with their simple fish stick meal. Kiri has cheese sticks and celery, and Tsireya has a large salad with many different toppings, and a side of cheesecake. Aonung has a fried fish sandwich and fries, while Neteyam has pasta. Each of them has a different flavored soda, to compliment their meals.

As they eat, they converse happily, and comment on their food.

Lo'ak- This is the best place ever, we gotta come here again.

He speaks with his mouth half full, yet he continues to eat.

Neteyam- Chew or choke, bro, your choice.

He decides to stop and chew his food instead of choking in a public place.

Neteyam- Good pick.

Lo'ak- Kiri, gimme a cheese stick.

She rolls her eyes but gives him one anyway, much to his delight.

Tuktirey- Reya, can I try your cake?

Tsireya- Of course.

She slices a piece off and sits it on the small girl's plate.

Tsireya- Neteyam, would you like to try some?

Neteyam- No thank you.

Lo'ak- He isn't big on sweet things.

Aonung- Maybe something salty then.

He picks a fry out of his box and hands it to Neteyam, but his eyes widen when the boy eats it right out of his hand.

Lo'ak visibly freezes, knowing it was an instinctive response because he feeds him sometimes.

As Neteyam chews the fry, he looks around at the others eyes on him, then realizes what he just did.

Neteyam- Oh shit. Sorry, force of habit.

Lo'ak- Yeah, that's my fault.

Aonung- It's alright. Was afraid you'd bite me for a second though.

The Sully kids laugh, especially when Tuktirey says that it would've been hilarious.

Neteyam- That was good, by the way. Thanks.

Aonung- Want another one?

He holds another fry out with a mischievous look. Neteyam glances at the fry, then back up at him.

Aonung- Go ahead and eat out my hand, baby Teyam.

Lo'ak falls out laughing at the baby talk, and Neteyam rolls his eyes and takes the fry with his hands, feeding himself.

Neteyam- Don't pick on me, asshole.

Aonung laughs, joining Lo'ak. Kiri shakes her head at the boys with a chuckle.

Tsireya- What's up with you today, Aonung?

He looks at her with a little confusion.

Aonung- What do you mean?

Tsireya- You haven't been this chipper since last year, with Rotxo.