First Days : Part 26

Neteyam moves his Ilu forward, making Aonung step off to the side. He doesn't think of diving yet, just steadying himself above the water and letting the creature calmly take him in a circle.

His instructor watches a bit anxiously, but begins to calm as he rides with no problem. Until a thunderclap sounds, startling both boys.

Aonung looks up at the window, seeing rain begin to fall, then a splash pulls his attention back to Neteyam, who just slid off of the Ilu.

As another image forms in the boy's head, Aonung comes up behind him, holding him up and pulling him towards the edge.

But Neteyam isn't in the pool, he's in the ocean. Aonung isn't there, an enemy avatar is. And he isn't being saved, he's being attacked.

He fights against his enemy, attempting to get out of his hold. He won't let himself be drowned, he can't afford to lose.

This avatar refuses to let him go no matter what he does. Soon he sees land, and immediately goes towards it. Only then is he released. He climbs onto the ground, but his opponent follows him, grabbing his arm.

He quickly turns around, swinging his fist. Punching a few times before tackling him to the ground and reaching for his knife. But the blade isn't there. Moreover, he isn't here.

He's suddenly back in the Ilu gym. He feels at his side and there's nothing but a pouch. Of course there's no knife, it's at home. The school doesn't allow them to carry their own weapons.

As he remembers this, he looks below him at the marine boy shielding his face with his arms. With a slight gasp, he realizes what happened.

Typically his brother is around to calm him before things go this far.

He lifts his hand from pinning Aonung down, then pulls the boy's arms out of the way to view the damage to his face. Aonung's wide eyes look up at him, and he senses much fear from the boy, no doubt now, it's because of him.